Author Topic: london games a wast of money or what  (Read 1295 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
london games a wast of money or what
« on: March 23, 2007, 09:29:07 AM »
last year London got the games and the powers that be was over the moon they said it will bring millons of pounds to London may be it will but at what cost up to now they say it will be 8 billion they said wembly would cost xmount but in the end it cost three times as much how much will the London games cost and who is going to pay  we all will just think what 8 billion would pay for    nhs schools new homes for our young more police to keep us safe the list goes on   do we need the games i don!t think so i see on tv that the nhs will not fund some things that are life saving they have not got the money so games or life if you mum or dad or kid was told sorry we can not fund that you'll just have to die what would you think of the games then should it not be good house keeping get things in the right order
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

frederick

Re: london games a wast of money or what
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 10:43:38 AM »
you are right roy some things are not thought out very well
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 11:02:59 AM »
hi fred welcome to b/f you'll find lots of folk in this place of the same mind if you need to know something just ask and some one may know or find out for you this is a place you can say your bit i do my best  but thanks for the reply I'm sure lots of folk will add there bit to it   roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Batman

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 11:15:51 AM »
Roy, who cares if you don't get the health care you need, its the image we show the world, just look at what Brition has archived the London eye, the millennium dome ( white elephant), but who cares it looks great for Brition, who cares if Brition has more CCV cameras the any other country, who cares if the railway system is falling apart, ( keep the cost down, more proffit ) who cares if the NHS is top heavy with so called managers, better to have two managers than an X-ray machine, why pay for a good education for doctors, and nurses, when we can get them cheaper from overseas, ( mind you, we have to teach them English first ),why bother to put people in houses, when we can put in people from overseas who are subsidized by the government, that way we are sure to get the money they ask, So who cares if the 2012 Olympics cost a furtune, its good for the image of Brition ( ok it will be your money they spend, but just think of the image,) John 2000 :'(

Sex is like air....it's not important unless you are'nt getting any...

Batman

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:23:21 AM »
Roy, and the sad thing is that we all care, but no one will stand up and complain about it, some one has to be accountable for all the [censored] ups that are being made, and you cant blame the civil servants they only have the authority but not the responsibility, you will never hear of a civil servant being out of work, they just move them around ..because if they are out of work,and in the real world,  they would be on the dole within a week,
Sex is like air....it's not important unless you are'nt getting any...

Fabian Steadman

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 05:15:23 PM »
It wouldn't be so bad if we had been told the real cost at the time of bidding instead of such a totally mismanaged guess. The country has to go for high-profile flagship events; any country does and there is considerable competition to be the winning bidder, but it must show us up as well-meaning bunglers to be so inaccurate.
The real sad thing is that many charities that absolutely depend on lottery funding just to function, will be starved of money and vital projects will wither away and die. I personally know of a charity that is already being denied long term assurances of funding and is faced with having to close homes for vulnerable people of all ages. Some years ago, mental hospitals closed in favour of "care in the community" and it was left to charities to take up the challenge and it is these projects that are now in danger. So the statutary obligation of mental health care was hived off to the voluntary sector that is now being told "sorry, all our money must support the Olympics."
Is this a shame or not?

Graham

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 08:14:02 PM »
It's all down to prestige and that may or may not bring some benefits to our country. I have my doubts.

It will create a lot of jobs now and in the future, but there will always be someone that loses out with all this money going into one project. I think that more money goes into motorway (giant parking lots) building, and who benefits from that?

The Olympic's have grown way out of hand, each one has to be bigger than the last, where will it end?

It's no use them belly aching about the cost, they wanted it and they got it!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy