Author Topic: the old bull ring bomb  (Read 19884 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
the old bull ring bomb
« on: March 23, 2007, 11:14:52 AM »
can anybody remember the the w/w2 bomb that was by the fish market with a slot cut in it to put money in (if you had any) and the old lady selling paper bags you could hear her all over the bull ring Andy and Andy Carrier
pimms the pet shop and j lewis the roof garden   and the old slip road down to newstreet and the three wheel trucks that b/r used to move things about   scam el i think but best of all the hot spud man on a cold winters day
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

brino1962

Re: the old bull ring bomb
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 07:49:46 AM »
yeh i remember pimms pet shop wot a great place dont remember the bomb tho the father in law used to work in the bull ring i will have to ask him bout that

Batman

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 08:44:14 AM »
I remember putting pennies in a very big ( I was very small then ) sea mine with these big spikes sticking out the side and it was black, and on one side was a hole where we could put money in to help the sailors in the war, I think I must have been around 5 years old then, its funny how a word will bring back a picture of times gone by,......John 2000.
Sex is like air....it's not important unless you are'nt getting any...

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 10:28:33 AM »
john no mate this was not a sea mine it was a long black thing and it was by the steps to the fish market unless my old worn out mind is playing tricks on me mind you it was the best part of 60 years ago but then my minds like that it tells me that i can do that and my body says your bloody kidding ain't ya  you know john i ain't said a word to my wife for the last 20 years i don!t like to interrupt her duno why i told you that

frederick

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 12:19:31 PM »
i remember it as a long black thing all those years ago
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Batman

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 08:16:51 PM »
Roy- Nope, you're right, It was a sea mine, but it was in Scarbough ( Yorkshire ) on the East coast. next to the lifeboat house, and I was'nt five, but eight, ( first time I went on Holidays to the seaside,)... well its one thing for sure, I'm to old to die young,....John 2000 ;D
Sex is like air....it's not important unless you are'nt getting any...

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 01:11:20 PM »
Roy,

A blast from the past I know (excuse the pun), I dont know much about these things only being a youngster but it sure looks like a bomb to me. Ex WWII bomb used as a collection box for the Lord Mayors Appeal in the old Market Hall.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 04:58:02 PM »
hi phil that brings it back to me iv sat on that thing when i was a kid it used to be by the steps to the old fish market at the top of the bull ring and there used to be an old lady selling brown paper bags and you could hear her all over the market

tramp

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 07:32:14 PM »
Phil and Roy Ben,

That's it! Great to see it again after all these years...

My Gran wouldn't go near it because she said it was just like the one that bombed us out of Studley St!
- yes I know, how could she possibly know, but that's where ''old wives tales come from".

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 07:40:40 PM »
I wonder where it is now, I suppose its been scrapped. It wouldn't be politically correct now would it.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

tramp

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 08:03:51 PM »
Phil,

Not PC, just PERFECTLY correct.  Let's start a campaign to find it, refill it, and send it the government - there's plenty of time to do all this by November 5th....

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy