Author Topic: Aston Park  (Read 19022 times)

Graham

Re: Aston Park
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 09:16:35 PM »
Sh,

Once again, all the best and I hope that your guardian angel is as strong as mine is to see you through. We'll be thinking of you, rest assured  O0

sh

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 09:23:17 PM »
I, too, have had an angel watching over me during my lifetime - only now it is recognized and appreciated so much more!  Thanks for thinking of me!  sh

mazbeth

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 06:22:25 PM »
mazbeth - just got the call today that the surgery is scheduled for Dec. 18, a.m.  So, I won't be answering emails after Dec. 16th for at least three weeks!  Thanks for asking.  sh
I think we would all hope and pray for a good, sucessful and blessed Christmas for you sh!!

(I don't think you will mind this picture sh).
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

sh

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 07:47:41 PM »
mazbeth -

Thank you, again and again; I welcome all things that have to with Our Lord, Jesus  Christ.  And I thank you for witnessing - a tribute, indeed!

sh

Graham

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 08:15:24 PM »
sh,

If you look back on this forum to Dec 14th 2006, 'I think I seen a ghost' you may find a posting of mine that might help you. I tell this story to anyone who is interested as I have found that it gives great hope and courage to some.

Andy Capp

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2007, 05:19:45 PM »
HI SH
MATTHEW BOULTON ONE OF THE FIRST MEN TO SET UP INDUSTRY BIRMINHAM THEN A LOT OF OTHERS FOLLOWED. THEN OVER A PERIOD OF TIME  BECAME KNOWN AS BIRINGHAM THE CITY OF A THOUSAND TRADES. ANDY CAPP

Graham

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 06:03:47 PM »
AC,

On another Brum forum I once voted Boulton as my favourite Brummie of all time, because he did put Brum on the map, but only because he had untold wealth to play with, from his dad's efforts and he spent it. This is like sweet and sour sauce to me. But I do admire him because he spent it on Brum, not squandering it a decadent life of luxury, like so many of his contemporaries.

sh

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
I'm back w/about 8 days of PT (physical therpy) since I underwent to surgery for my arm.  I'm doing well; I just need about 2 more months of PT - it does hurt, but it will be well worth it.  Thanks ever for everything!  sh

sh

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 08:19:41 PM »
I'll have to look up Matthew Boulton to learn of him and his deeds.  sh

mazbeth

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 08:44:05 PM »
I'm back w/about 8 days of PT (physical therpy) since I underwent to surgery for my arm.  I'm doing well; I just need about 2 more months of PT - it does hurt, but it will be well worth it.  Thanks ever for everything!  sh
Glad to read you've had your op. and things are going well.
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »
sh

Glad to see you back and that you are beginning to feel better after your operation. Hope you have got plenty of spare time, if you intend to read up on Boulton. There is a cart load of books out there about him, but you will enjoy them.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy