Author Topic: Childhood Television  (Read 14757 times)

townie

Re: Childhood Television
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2013, 06:16:37 PM »
If anybody remembers Whiplash set in the Australian outback.starring Peter Graves. The complete series is now out on DVD. ( Not to be confused with Skippy the bush kangaroo ) 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Spud

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »
I know that this is straying away from the Subject of Childhood TV but when you look around at some of today's TV it makes you appreciate some of the old series. I recently bought DVDs of the BBC productions of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Smiley's People with Alec Guinness as good as the recent film of Tinker Tailor was seeing the way Alec Guinness and a host of old actors it was just superb. Another BBC series worth taking a look at is State of Play. There was a Russell Crowe film of the same story a few years ago and as good as that was the BBC version knocked it into a cocked hat.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Boz

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2013, 02:22:02 PM »
Boz,

Muffin the Mule first appeared on our screen in 1946 in a programme hosted by Annette Mills (sister of John Mills). Andy Pandy originally appeared in 1950 and was hosted by Vera McKechnie.

Might you be thinking of Jean Morton who accompanied Tingha & Tucker the Koala Bears?

You're right Phil, the old grey cells somewhat disorganised. :)

planetmalc

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2013, 02:50:39 PM »
If anybody remembers Whiplash set in the Australian outback.starring Peter Graves. The complete series is now out on DVD. ( Not to be confused with Skippy the bush kangaroo )

Yeah, I remember that.    Even remember some of the theme tune:-

In 1851,
The great Australian gold rush;
The only law a gun,
The only shelter wild bush.
Whiplash,
Whiplash.
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

planetmalc

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2013, 02:55:01 PM »
I've just been on another nostalgia site where I was bemoaning the non-appearance on video or DVD of the two American series. '77 Sunset Strip' and its sister series 'Hawaiian Eye'. :-\    I'd be in the market for both if they brought them out.

frederick

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2013, 07:19:10 PM »
77 sunset strip the name Cooky a friend of mine that was his nick name he looked so much like Cooky.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

tony armstrong

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2013, 12:21:49 PM »
i bought the whole series of family at war on dvd from local charity shop for 10 pound what bargain and wonderfull to watch again suprising to see so many of todays tv stars were on there, also have full series of budgie [adam faith] havent got round watching yet. :)

planetmalc

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2013, 01:06:07 PM »
.........also have full series of budgie [adam faith] havent got round watching yet. :)

Better hurry up then, Tony, 'cos Laughing Spam doesn't like people who don't watch his DVD's! ;D 

lutleyyeltz

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »
Muffin the Mule. Isn't that a criminal offence? :-\

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy