Author Topic: lost relations  (Read 3777 times)

alanmillard

lost relations
« on: July 14, 2011, 07:56:38 PM »
can anyone help me i have been doing my family tree and was looking for my auntie Rose and her two sons Harry and Johnathon Monnington they lived for a time in Highgate St lower end near gooch St, looking through the records they all seemed to have died the same year 1959 can anyone tell me if they were involved in an accident as they are redgistered with the same number and as Harry would have been aged about 22 and John about 17/18 years old there must have been a trageredy some where. come on people help me out all the best . alan

suemalings

Re: lost relations
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 08:09:01 AM »
Can I just ask if Monnington is the correct name?  I have looked for births, deaths or a marriage between a Monnington and a Rose and can't find anything.  Perhaps I'm missing something.

If you have the registration of the deaths, the only answer would be to purchase a death certificate.  Not sure if certificates are less expensive if you go direct to Birmingham registry office.

Mogmeister

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 02:24:48 PM »
Hi i was charged £9 at the Birmingham Registry Office a few months ago , this seems a standard price .

Mogmeister.

suemalings

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 05:26:17 PM »
I wasn't sure about the cost of certificates from local registry offices.  For some reason I thought they may have been cheaper if ordered in person from the actual office.  With the growing interest in genealogy there must be an awful lot of money being made from the sale of certificates!

alanmillard

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 05:43:20 PM »
Can I just ask if Monnington is the correct name?  I have looked for births, deaths or a marriage between a Monnington and a Rose and can't find anything.  Perhaps I'm missing something.

If you have the registration of the deaths, the only answer would be to purchase a death certificate.  Not sure if certificates are less expensive if you go direct to Birmingham registry office.
Hi Sue Monnington is the correct name her husband wa murdered out side the Clements arms around 1950 give or take a couple of years the registration 105615 the problem is its the sam reg for all three of them and i can't recall anyone mentioning a bad accident in the family of course i could be wrong all the best alan

alanmillard

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »
Hi Sue Monnington is the correct name her husband wa murdered out side the Clements arms around 1950 give or take a couple of years the registration 105615 the problem is its the sam reg for all three of them and i can't recall anyone mentioning a bad accident in the family of course i could be wrong all the best alan
Hi Sue with the help of my daughter we have now cracked it there name was monnington but there Christian name was george henrry and john Monnington but was allways known as harry and john Both auntie rose and the eldest son has now passed away but the youngest is still living i have yet to find out where, thank you everyone. alan

Steve

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 02:15:59 PM »
Alan, Have you tried 192.com? They have phone and Electoral Roll records.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Steve

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »
Also found this site useful. Have to buy some credits but if they have wahat you want......

http://www.midlandshistoricaldata.org/index.html
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

alanmillard

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 10:13:17 PM »
thanks steve i will give it a try and see how far i get i can't understand how things have changed we were such a close nit family then every one seemed to go there own way and move all round Britain. again thanks .
alan

Rosy

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
I have been searching for 7 years for my hubbie's sister Mary Teresa johnson, the family were split up when their mother Gladys died while living in the Pershore road, Stirchley.
Been down many roads in-depth over the years.
The last we know is that Mary worked at a hotel on the Wake Green road, moseley in 1961. My thought today was that there was a mother and baby home in moseley. Did she fall pregnant and have a child there?! Does anyone remember Mary please, at either Shenley fields Children's Home, a hotel in the Wake Green Road or the mother and baby home at Moseley? Mary was sometimes known as Tess.
Many thanks
Rosy

speedy

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 06:34:05 PM »
Hi people i have now found my cousin John Monnington and beleive it or not he live less than half an hour from where i now live i have been in touch with him and he is willing to meet up soon. speedy

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy