Author Topic: Brooklyn Tech .  (Read 14139 times)

planetmalc

Re: Brooklyn Tech .
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 05:17:24 PM »
I was a senior and worked initially in the chemical analysis section. Later I ran a small development lab investigating Ni/Cd batteries and fuel cells.

Cheers!    Seems like you probably never crossed paths.

Here's a co-incidence: when I was studying Chemistry at Matthew Boulton Tech (your old grammar school), we were all issued with a nice glossy Periodic Table of the Elements poster that was produced by.............Mond Nickel! O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Sheilah

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 05:37:32 PM »
Hi yes tried to contact city and guilds direct, filled in a form, spoke to them on the phone. They said all searches came back negative, and the only other option is to find someone who has still got there certificates that can pass on the center number.

Alfie.H.

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2014, 09:59:03 PM »
Hi Sheilah,

I attended Brooklyn Tech. College between 1975 - 1979. It was for a carpentry & joinery, so I'm not sure if I can help you. However, you can try this number........

162030/438304/1/your date of birth

I would assume that one of these numbers would be the centre number & the other the student number. Hope this is of some help O0 O0

Alfie

Sheilah

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2014, 10:14:48 PM »
Alfie.H
Thankyou very much for this :) I will try this asap and let you know the results. Thankyou so much :) much appreciated Sheilah

Alfie.H.

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 07:39:09 AM »
Hi Sheilah,

Any joy with C&G for your replacement certificates?

Alfie

Queslett

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 11:04:11 PM »
I would be more interested in those that new the farm....

lourenco1946

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 01:56:14 AM »
I went to Brooklyn tech from 62 to 67. Great school and great  education. Does anybody remember a Mr Pennington? A great science teacher.

Sarkozy

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »
Hello everyone,
I remember so well Brooklyn tech, went there day release for approx ' 4-5 I remember well all those tutors named for the Carpentry and Joinery course ( 1972 - 1978 ). The company i worked for as an apprentice was Maddocks and Walford there builders yard was on the Tyburn Road.

Jimmy Cathery, Yannick Beck, Bronick Beck all went to the same college as apprentices with Maddock and Walford. ( but started perhaps 4 years before myself ) Vince Paris was my mentor at Maddocks and Walford. One of my site foremen was Jack Hog.

Also can not forget my best man Alan Gales, use to live at No. 10 Park Drive. Handsworth i think !! All the ame day release and class as myself. Oh and Sephen Cummings who hailed from Chelmsley Wood.

Worked all over birmingham on Public schools, churches, Banks etc,etc.

Kindest regards from Abroad  :) [size=78%] [/size]

Sarkozy

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2017, 05:16:19 PM »
And yes i was weaned on Larger and lime at the drakes drum too. Then the No: 28 back to Castle Bromwich.

Sarkozy

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »
P.S. I also remember in our class on day release there was also a Scottish;  Aston Villa ( Apprentice Footballer ) sent on the Carpentry and joinery course just in case he did not make the grade to Professional Status !!!!

astoness

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2017, 07:49:24 AM »
the drakes drum is still very much up and running  O0  brooklyn tech building still there also not called that now..

lyn

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy