Author Topic: Shaw Hill / Anthony Road Primary  (Read 4054 times)

moheen

Shaw Hill / Anthony Road Primary
« on: July 27, 2011, 07:05:15 PM »
Hi all,

I work at Shaw Hill Primary School on Anthony Road, Alum Rock. The school has had different names in the past like Anthony Road. Recently I have been developing a section on the school website regarding past pupils etc.  Does anyone have any pictures or memories they would like to share?

many thanks

Cormac

Re: Shaw Hill / Anthony Road Primary
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »
" Was that school known as The Rosary one time ?"
Cormac Anto

SENSIBLE

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »
Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile

MeanMachine

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 10:44:39 AM »
yes i used to be a pupil at that school back in the late 70s to early 80s when it was a woman who was headmistress but then a mr carr i think that was his name took over

Nettie

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 12:25:52 AM »
Hi all,

I work at Shaw Hill Primary School on Anthony Road, Alum Rock. The school has had different names in the past like Anthony Road. Recently I have been developing a section on the school website regarding past pupils etc.  Does anyone have any pictures or memories they would like to share?

many thanks

Wow, all three of my children spent some time being educated at Shaw Hill. My youngest would probably shake in his boots at the mention of it.

Leopold Alcocks

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 08:46:55 PM »
Hi, new to the forum, I attended Shaw Hill Primary School from 1968 to 1975, wonderful memories of some great friends and teachers. Headmaster was Mr.Sims who was then followed by Mr.Marsh. Memorable teachers were Mr Bancroft, Mr McGuire, Mr White, Mr Annettes, Mr Carr, Mr Fraser, Miss Mildren, Miss Keys, Miss Lovett (who married and became Mrs Lofthouse).

Badj

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 01:42:50 PM »
Hi I used I was educated at Shaw Hill School -1972-1978.
My favourite teacher was Mr Carr ! My first teacher was Miss Stevens
The headmaster was a Mr Marsh and I do remember a Mr White he was a massive Everton fan !!
Great memories !!
Anyone else who was there are that time ? X

susan 60

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 10:45:58 PM »
I remember going to Shaw hill primary,  The head teacher was miss carter a vile woman who should never have been near children,    A cruel woman who had a sadistic streak in her,    you was ok if you was one of her pets,  but to some of the poor children she was a cruel bitch,  i witnessed this myself many times,  i no some teachers who have to be a bit strict but do have a kind heart,  but she took it a step further to narcissist level,  she is probably dead now and facing her maker  i just wonder if she was ever sorry for what she did to certain children,  i will never forget how hard hearted she was and to the point of been evil,  sorry if some reading this liked her,  but they did not no her [color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))][size=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-font-size, var(--yt-navbar-title-font-size, inherit))]
[color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))][size=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-font-size, var(--yt-navbar-title-font-size, inherit))]

ibz

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 01:08:51 AM »
I was at the school till 2000, best memory was playing badminton with Mr Pope & football with the care taker Mr Sullivan after school at St Peter’s college fields.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy