Author Topic: Riots in Birmingham  (Read 20688 times)

Gee Gee

Re: Riots in Birmingham
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 12:20:07 PM »
Are we witnessing a far greater happening here,? The break down of society as we have become to know it The discouragement of marriage and the breakdown of the "normal" family group was a policy which was greatly pursued by the labour government under Tony Blair (or should I say Cherei Blair) the support given to the single parent was out of all proportion to that received by other groups of society .We now have a total of over !.9 million single parents in the UK.The majority of which are on state handouts.Their children will grow up without the support of grand parents or other family elders and will end up as victems of the social trap.

frederick

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 12:52:11 PM »
I believe rioting carries a 10 year jail sentance i wonder if that will be applyed to this lot. and thank goodness Ed Miliband has returned to show us the way forward.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

janey

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »
Guys I am not a political animal in any way shape or form, but these hooligans would behave this way no matter who was in power, they wouldn't work, they probably have no idea whose in power, a reporter stopped a girl coming out of a shop with a bag off stuff and asked her why, "I'm getting my taxes back" I doubt she was old enough to have ever worked, tougher sentences, may stop a repetition of this, some of them have already been in court, I just heard on the news and were given non custodial sentences, that'll stop them wont it, most of our generation  in the UK have suffered hardships these kids will never suffer, but they never behaved like this, in the end everybody has to take responsibility for their actions,governments, parenting, schooling, may play some part but in the end we make personal choices, they are just wrong uns, as my parents would have said.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »
I believe rioting carries a 10 year jail sentance i wonder if that will be applyed to this lot. and thank goodness Ed Miliband has returned to show us the way forward.

Fred

I doubt Ed Miliband will have a lot of power to do anything except sound off like the rest of us are doing, Lets see what the man of the moment David Cameron will do. Wasn't he the one who wants to cut the police and empty the prisons?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
If you think it is bad now, imagine what it will be like in years to come when the kids of the kids doing all this are grown up.

While we are having the riots would be a good time to cut the free money to the workshy and they could get it out of their system and know where they stand, on their own.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

walt00

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2011, 01:47:52 PM »
Cameron said on TV that they will face the full force of the law and long prison sentences will be doled out. Ken Clark agreed with him for once, and said a Day in nick will sort them out.
Wal
W.H,Prottey

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 01:48:43 PM »
Fred

Perhaps you can tell us how to separate the workshy from the genuine cases and then arrange to provide work for those that don't want it. I'm sure that successive governments over the last forty years would love to know the answer to those questions whatever their political persuasion.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

walt00

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 01:50:50 PM »
Hi
   Just a thought but if all the looters that live in Council Property faced eviction. Do you think it would deter any of them.
Wal.
W.H,Prottey

john2000

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »
Hi
   Just a thought but if all the looters that live in Council Property faced eviction. Do you think it would deter any of them.
Wal.

Can't do that, it would be against their human rights...and we cant have that can we.
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 01:58:35 PM »
Cameron said on TV that they will face the full force of the law and long prison sentences will be doled out. Ken Clark agreed with him for once, and said a Day in nick will sort them out.
Wal

From what I read out of the 99 London rioters who have appeared in court so far only about 20 of them have been remanded in custody the rest have been released on bail. If this is an example of dealing with the offenders harshly. Then someone needs an explaination what harsh means.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

astwood

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 02:09:28 PM »
Bring back the borstals cold baths and daily beatings
If that fails birch the [censored]*ards

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy