Author Topic: Riots in Birmingham  (Read 20653 times)

frederick

Re: Riots in Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 09:13:42 AM »
If the forces get involved they are trained to kill.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

astwood

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 10:45:44 AM »
Thats what you get for cut backs to the police and military

TOTAL ANARCHY

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 10:49:49 AM »
The thing I notice most in all the coverage on the news is the police just standing by doing nothing. I hear that they have arrested something like 200 offenders. If that is up and down the country then that is a disgrace, I suppose these were just innocent bystanders who just happened to be walking past the police.

I think the police are using this unrest as a demonstration of what can happen if their numbers are cut down anymore or if even worse their backhanders are stopped.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 10:56:27 AM »
The word anarchy that reminds me of Gordon Brown to much free money given out and almost a collapse of the finance industry  :(

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 11:11:30 AM »
So in over 12 months this lot can't fix it, but I will give them some room because we are still trying to repair the damage "that woman" did to this country.

Mind you I'm not a supporter of Gordon and the rest of his Nu Labour cronies, but I thought he might have to take the blame for this. About the only thing they haven't tried to pin on him is WWII, but I have heard murmurs.

At least he would have been here and not on eternal holiday. I heard the had to use a crowbar to get Cameron back here.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 12:00:13 PM »
If i was the PM and i was i hospital i would still be there i would have my phone.

People over the last 13 years have been given to much free money and it is going to be hard having it taken off them some would sooner starve than give up their phone, broadband,car things seem to have gone past food on the table and a roof over your head the free money has given them more and the more bit costs a lot of free money  :(    :o

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »
Fred

It's not the free money (as you put it) that buy all the things you name, because nobody who is being kept by the state can afford all the things you list. It is only the ones who lie and have jobs or other means of money on the side who can afford theres things. That I am afraid is down to the government of the day to ensure it does not happen, whatever their politics.

How many pensioners do you see with the things you mention, according to the Birmingham Mail most people on social are switching their freezer or fridge off because they can't afford to run them and are risking e coli.

Anyway none of this that is going on at the moment has got to do with cuts except maybe the lack of action on the part of the police. It's all to do with vandalism and wanton greed and theft. Most of the people doing the looting have probably got pockets full of money.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Gee Gee

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 03:45:22 PM »
Fred,Phil,
This is nothing to do with need,this is nothing to do politics.What we have here is immoral vanderlism.
Provoked by the death of a gangster.

frederick

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 04:05:34 PM »
G G,
You are right, it's just the way we go off at a tangent.

Neely everything you by today has to be plugged in to charge it or to run it and electricity just gets dearer and dearer, but the phones wont be switch off or the PC.

Pamela

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 08:48:51 PM »
I am sorry you who are still in Brum are having all this worry, I wish there was a desert island in shark infested waters all the troublemakers could be sent to.
Hope it settles down soon,  take care   Pam

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 09:25:46 PM »
Fred,Phil,
This is nothing to do with need,this is nothing to do politics.What we have here is immoral vanderlism.
Provoked by the death of a gangster.

Gee Gee

Take no notice, everything has to do with politics between Fred and myself, we sit on opposite sides of the fence on most things. But as Kenny would say "It's all in the very best of taste".

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy