Author Topic: Riots in Birmingham  (Read 20644 times)

janey

Re: Riots in Birmingham
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 09:31:11 PM »
There doesn't seem to be any let up,still looting and setting fire to cars in Birmingham city centre

frederick

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 09:48:07 AM »
Phil,GG,
It's nice when we understand each other there is no harm in it for me we are just having a chat and a lough no malaise from me  O0 i just talk the way i see it.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

tonydunn

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »
These Scum have cost the country a lot of money.  Money that will have to come from somewhere, possibly further cuts!!
They say that they are doing this because they do not have a voice with the police and government BUT when given a voice over the last few days through TV and radio interviews they have NOTHING to say! 
They just want everything for free and this is symptomatic of the celebrity fuelled society that we live in.  Their heroes - footballers and pop stars - earn millions for doing what we would all love to do and they want that.  They see "C listers" with no talent like Big Brother winners making lots of money (mainly because they are buying the magazines and watching the TV that pays for them) and wonder why they can't have that.  They all want easy street and society just keeps holding that up as the norm.  There are very few role models for what I will call the underclass that have made it by working hard in the world of commerce.
And the labour government of the last dozen or so years have propped up this underclass with benefits and job creation in the public sector (up 1 million jobs over their period in government?) and done nothing to break it.
It needs to be addressed and, hopefully, this may be one positive consequence of the riots. 
And whilst these riots have originated from the balck youth community it is clear from the pictures on TV that the white underclass so prevalent in the West Midlands has got involved.  Are they also claiming that society discriminates against them?  It is funny that doctors and dentists and, at a lower level of course, cabbies are dominated by Asians - can't see any discrimination there just people working hard to get an education and a good career.  People become disenfranchised if they do not make an effort to be part of society.  I am fed up with these community leaders constantly blaming the government for this and NOT the people that they are supposedly working with who are letting this happen to themselves.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 10:55:03 AM »
Tony

I would agree with most of what you say, but as far as it being wrong to create jobs in time of unemployment I'm afraid I can't agree with that reasoning.

As far as these riots being caused by a Labour government, can I ask what government is in power now? Also what government was in power the last time we had riots up and down the country?

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 10:55:54 AM »
Tonydunn,
On the nose, they seem to think the free money is their right.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 10:57:53 AM »
Fred

Where do you get the idea of free money from? If I work for 25 years and get made redundant, and if I then have to live on benefit is that free money?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 11:04:23 AM »
Phil,
You would have payed in and you would righty deserve it.

tonydunn

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »
Phil
I think you need to take your party political spectacles off and re-read what I have said.
I haven't said that the labour government caused the riots.  I have said that they have done nothing to break the growing level of the underclass in our society over their time in government.  I haven't seen the coalition address it directly either, although the benefit cuts will, of course, have an impact.  I did say that the one positive out of the riots may be that this underclass has to now be addressed and, hopefully, broken if we are to return this country to the decent majority.  I think that the tories are more likely to address this issue as they, at least in theory, tend to be less PC and worried about upsetting people than the labour party and, frankly, have less to lose as this lot would never vote Conservative.
I also haven't said that creating jobs in times of unemployment is a bad thing.  I have said that Labour created too many jobs in the public sector (this is an easy thing to do as opposed to creating jobs in the private sector - just ask the Greeks!!) to a level that was unsustainable giving the country's finances.  The Tories have had to reverse this (I don't think they are making a great job of that, however, as there appears to be little in the way of a joined up strategy) BUT labour would have had done this as well if they had remained in power and even the most staunch of labour supporters wouldn't deny this - it was just their plan to do it more slowly.
Also, I would never advocate the end of the state providing benefits for the poor, sick and needy, even if they had not paid into the system.  That is just, IMO, the nature of a good and caring society.  It is just my view that these benefits need to be at an appropriate level and better targeted so that they do get to the poor, sick and needy AND NOT the lazy and greedy!

john2000

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »
If the forces get involved they are trained to kill.

SO,? it would mean they are getting rid of the scum..( I say that because I saw that poor young kid with a bleeding nose, and the low life there to help him,? wrong, they wanted what was in his back pack,) they did'nt want to help the kid, .. now thats low life,
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »
Tony

Whilst I agree that you do not lay the blame for these riots at the feet of the Labour party, it is what you insinuate in essence. I must add that I have no love for the Labour party that we have now, its just that I dislike the Tories more than any other party on the political scene at the moment.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

john2000

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 11:52:57 AM »
Phil
I think you need to take your party political spectacles off and re-read what I have said.
I haven't said that the labour government caused the riots.  I have said that they have done nothing to break the growing level of the underclass in our society over their time in government.  I haven't seen the coalition address it directly either, although the benefit cuts will, of course, have an impact.  I did say that the one positive out of the riots may be that this underclass has to now be addressed and, hopefully, broken if we are to return this country to the decent majority.  I think that the tories are more likely to address this issue as they, at least in theory, tend to be less PC and worried about upsetting people than the labour party and, frankly, have less to lose as this lot would never vote Conservative.
I also haven't said that creating jobs in times of unemployment is a bad thing.  I have said that Labour created too many jobs in the public sector (this is an easy thing to do as opposed to creating jobs in the private sector - just ask the Greeks!!) to a level that was unsustainable giving the country's finances.  The Tories have had to reverse this (I don't think they are making a great job of that, however, as there appears to be little in the way of a joined up strategy) BUT labour would have had done this as well if they had remained in power and even the most staunch of labour supporters wouldn't deny this - it was just their plan to do it more slowly.
Also, I would never advocate the end of the state providing benefits for the poor, sick and needy, even if they had not paid into the system.  That is just, IMO, the nature of a good and caring society.  It is just my view that these benefits need to be at an appropriate level and better targeted so that they do get to the poor, sick and needy AND NOT the lazy and greedy!

Well said,  O0
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy