Author Topic: Edgbaston Snubbed for 2013 Ashes Test  (Read 1689 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Edgbaston Snubbed for 2013 Ashes Test
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:59:27 PM »
After obtaining a much criticised loan and massively investing in new stands Edgbaston Cricket Ground has been snubbed by crickets Major Match Group.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2011/09/23/fury-as-edgbaston-is-snubbed-for-2013-ashes-test-97319-29471157/

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Mogmeister

Re: Edgbaston Snubbed for 2013 Ashes Test
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »
Maybe Major Match Group  wanted a bigger backhander .

mike jenks

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 11:06:22 PM »
Hi Phil

Another good kicking from the London mob.
I can feel Carl Chinn ready for action. Why
cant Lords or the Oval go on Some sought
of rota as well.
On the bright side we have now the best ground
and a top side.

Mike Jenks

trapio

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 02:58:33 PM »
Hello Mile,

I agree entirely re Lords, the more so wrt to the Oval, yet we must never forget that there is ONLY one truly pukkha  cricket club in the entire land...and it is tucked away in the inner city London suburb of Marylebone - moreover, it only plays a few games a year, as it has no players!........but in great abundance, it has the creme de la creme of Old Boys Clubs........with an inimitable network ::)

trapio

Integrity is non negotiable

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 03:04:44 PM »
I'm no cticket fan in fact I'm not a fan of any sort of sport. All I know is that Birmingham will never be allowed to take anything from London unless they no longer want it. It doesn't matter how good the facility may be, if London thinks there is a danger of loosing out the money will be found to outdo and better us.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

trapio

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »
Phil,

You are completely correct -take a hypothetical situation say - that London was the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution and became ''the Workshop of the World''.

There would now be a 100 acre custom built site showing every step and 'importing' Brunel etc, and the 'logical progression' through the textile & motor industry, starting say with RR, Messrs Austin & Morris, Midland Red's OWN buses etc, Swallow sidecars, BSA inc weaponry the West Brom Spitfires etc, the E-type Jag and so very very much more to today...

Amd the entrance prices???!!!!

....and just what has brum got - a warehouse stuffed, yes stuffed to the brim with treasures that are willfully being allowed to disintegrate.

trapio
Integrity is non negotiable

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy