Author Topic: "Me no understand"  (Read 19115 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: "Me no understand"
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »

You've never been abroad, but imagine being denied due process in a foreign country.

No I'd never go abroad for the sole purpose of robbery and lawbreaking and thats the only reason some of these gangs come here for. They are not worth a second thought so why should they cost us more money on top of what they steal?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 07:17:01 PM »
They are not worth a second thought

Then why are we discussing them?

Pamela

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 09:37:25 PM »
Anne  A native person could have some sort of sentence or go to prison, but why should we want to keep a criminal non native person and pay for their keep in prison

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »
Anne  A native person could have some sort of sentence or go to prison, but why should we want to keep a criminal non native person and pay for their keep in prison

I see no reason why a non-native person should get stiffer penalties than a native person.

What you're suggesting (hypothetically) is that me, as a person not born in America, should be deported whilst a person born in America would get a different sentence for the same crime. As I said before, to me this is very draconian.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 09:57:59 PM »

I see no reason why a non-native person should get stiffer penalties than a native person.

What you're suggesting (hypothetically) is that me, as a person not born in America, should be deported whilst a person born in America would get a different sentence for the same crime. As I said before, to me this is very draconian.

Anne

I am sorry I would agree with that, draconian or not it would send out a message that you do not come to a country to break the law. I would then expect the country the miscreants were being deported to to lock them up for an agreed amount of time. This could be a reciprocal agreement with countries that wanted to participate.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »
I am sorry I would agree with that, draconian or not it would send out a message that you do not come to a country to break the law.

Half the population of the United States would have to leave.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 10:07:03 PM »

Half the population of the United States would have to leave.

I think that would make some Americans happy wouldn't it?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Pamela

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 10:12:28 PM »
I seem to remember Australia want to deport criminals back to their home country

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »

I think that would make some Americans happy wouldn't it?

Phil

I think we accept that immigrants are as prone to making mistakes as much as native-born Americans.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 10:27:26 PM »
Anne

You can't seem to grasp what I am trying to get over to you, perhaps it might be because the don't get the phenomena in the US. What I am saying is we should show these professional criminal gangs of thieves that come here just to rob & steal no mercy.

Nobody wants to deport some poor immigrant who was only trying to feed himself and his family and broke the law to do it. Of course they should be given a second chance like everybody else.

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
What I am saying is we should show these professional criminal gangs of thieves that come here just to rob & steal no mercy.

We have them too. We call them the Mafia.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy