Author Topic: "Me no understand"  (Read 19117 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: "Me no understand"
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »

We have them too. We call them the Mafia.

I thought the Mafia were residents of long standing in the US not recent immigrants?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »

I thought the Mafia were residents of long standing in the US not recent immigrants?

Phil

Does that make a difference?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 10:09:09 AM »

Does that make a difference?

Well as we were talking about recent immigrants and visitors "yes it does"

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 11:25:28 AM »
They say that in Wales there are people that only speak Welsh, if i said to them is this your £20 note, they would hear that and say yes it's mine in perfect English.

In Wales anything that comes through the post that has anything to do with the council, further education or the government is duplicated we get it in both languages it costs hundreds of thousands a year to do that, what a wast of money  :(   :o
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Gee Gee

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 12:13:36 PM »
Fredrick,
           Just another example of the idiotic waste of money in Britain today.
The Welsh Council will be complaining next that they do not have sufficient funding for the more social needs of the population.

john2000

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 10:13:38 PM »
My car was broken into last July, with the stereo that was taken & the damage to glass & paintwork the total damages came to over £700..The police were really helpful & with the help of some D.N.A. samples taken from the passenger seat (there was a small amount of blood visible) they soon caught the guy responsible.
 He turned out to be a Lithuanian who apparently could not speak English so an interpreter was summoned (from Manchester) to sit in at the original interview where he was charged, he was also summoned to ALL following meetings with solicitors and his actual court case at £1000+ a time (I was told this figure by the arresting officer on the day I gave my statement...I was also told that there were other car break ins being taken into consideration)
After nearly 6 months he was ordered to pay the court £650 costs, £140 damages to me & £15 Victim Surcharge.

Needless to say I have not received a penny of the damages awarded to me.

Bobby

You did'nt say them magic words......."Me no understand",
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

john2000

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 10:21:04 PM »

How do you know that?

Pam, rather draconian. Why should a non-native be forced to leave the country for doing something wrong whilst a native can stay? Besides which, it depends on how the immigrant entered the country. If he entered legally he cannot be summarily deported, but, rather, is entitled to due process.

Due process? if you are a guest in the country and you break the law, you should be put in a holding pen till here is a flight out to the country you came from,... family,? not to worry, they will be sent with you, ( well we don't want to to worry about your family, do we, it might give resion for them to stay here,)...

john2000

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 10:29:07 PM »

Then why are we discussing them?
Well, because they are there, and they give people big, big problems, and they dont even care, and on top of all that they are taking money from the benefits that would benefit the people it was made for, the parasites take it ( me no understand), and then you want them out we come back to the human rights thing again, if you put them in prison, they get free board and lodging and because there no money going to the family of the parasite, the the people, ( the ones who work and pay tax's) have to pay for them, ha, they have it made, J2

john2000

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2011, 10:34:42 PM »

I see no reason why a non-native person should get stiffer penalties than a native person.

What you're suggesting (hypothetically) is that me, as a person not born in America, should be deported whilst a person born in America would get a different sentence for the same crime. As I said before, to me this is very draconian.

Wrong, a person born in America has no choose of where they are born, some who is not an America, chose to come to America, and rob, so why shouldn't they be kicked out the country , so what I'm saying is if you're born here, then you do the time, if you're not born here, then you are gone from where you came from....J2

john2000

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011, 10:35:43 PM »

Half the population of the United States would have to leave.
God, that says a lot for America,? J2

john2000

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 10:37:09 PM »
I seem to remember Australia want to deport criminals back to their home country

So does Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Sweden,.. I could go on all night..J2

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy