Author Topic: Sweets when you were a kid.  (Read 33633 times)

Chris

• Administrator
Sweets when you were a kid.
« on: December 08, 2005, 02:59:44 PM »
What were your favourites?

Mint Cracknel and sweet cigarettes were mine.  :P

gtbham

Re: Sweets when you were a kid.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 08:54:09 AM »
Sherbert fountains, 'flying saucers' (also containing sherbert, I think)  and liquorice sticks (real!)

angie

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 10:51:54 PM »
Mine were blackjacks gobstoppers,stardust :P

Graham

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 11:04:12 PM »
Mijn were Victory V lozenges, the stronger the better! 

Glen142

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 02:53:25 PM »
If you want to go down Memory Lane, and buy all those lovely sweets, from childhood. I loved Sherbert Lemons.
There is a brill site called www.aquarterof.co.uk They have nearly every sweet fron bygone days.

Graham

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 11:47:11 AM »
Anyone remember the home made sweet shop at Digbeth? (Just under the place that they later buit that ugly flyover).I would die for one of those Pear Drops now. Must have been something in them that would be banned nowdays. They were addictive!

john2000

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 08:49:58 AM »
Does any one remember the old lady that had a sweet shop across from Hope street school, every thing she had was around 1 penny or 2 penny, and every school break we had, we would go over there , the only problem was that there was so many kids going there in the break, our  break was over by the time we could get into the shop,  :'(
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Graham

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 08:33:16 PM »
At Dennis Rd school we had our own sweet shop and I was in charge of it, had the keys to the stock cupboard. In the break the favourite buy was "Wagon Wheels" and chocolate hazelnut bars. It was only naturel that I had to do the taste test on some of the products that I was selling  :P ;D.

In Taunton Rd. there was a sweet shop where they sold lollipops with, if you were lucky, sixpenny bits hidden inside them. I was lucky many times, or was it just because the shop keeper felt sorry for me and always gave me one with the sixpence in it, I'll never know.

baxter

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 08:58:09 PM »
 :The sweet I remember best was a Trebor chocolate bar, with a caramel centre, can't get them here in Australia)

tassie devil

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 08:03:09 AM »
hi what about school dinners lumpy mash/thick gravy/lumpy custard and best of all spotted dick spounge pudding /cabbage and sago or as we called it frog spawn with jam and just think we had the nerve to go back for seconds ha ha those were the days could you imagine kids today eating that [dont think so ] :P

Aston Territorial

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 11:21:14 AM »
I cannot remember what it was called but it was similar to a plastic pouch of cigarette tobbacco and it tasted lovely.

Terry

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy