Author Topic: Flickr photos of brum  (Read 3100 times)

nooneynoo

Flickr photos of brum
« on: October 04, 2011, 03:55:38 PM »
Has any body seen this guys collection of Birmingham photos, I think its a collection of every photo on the internet some of them mine. Im not sure if Im upset for him using my photos or not anyway he has a good collection of other people photos put together in one place. Since I download photos like these for my own appreciation I suppose I cant complain. What do you think ???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_and_sam

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Flickr photos of brum
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »
Yes

I have seen this collection before, and there are quite a few on there that I recognise from elsewhere. I am of the opinion that if you upload photos to the internet . If you don't protect them in various ways then you are asking for them to be copied.

I see that being on Flickr he has chosen to make them uncopyable, I find this in itself amusing considering it looks like he has collected them from all around the net.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

nooneynoo

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:49:22 PM »
Yes I agree with you Phil, the photos I uploaded were to this site for the benefit of these members. I dont really mind other people copying them thats  why I put them up. I just think its a wee bit cheeky using photographer unknown and copyright reserved on all his uploads, now he may not know me but if he collects photos he knows Phylis Nicklin, which i feel  should get a mention.  Anyway its not the end of the world I came across this site from my interest in photos so I suppose he is doing a good thing.

Angela K

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 11:54:45 PM »
I have had a quick look at the site and I know that many of the photos can be found elsewhere although a few are new to me.

They are all great pictures but I think it is wrong to collect photos from an open source and then to copyright them as if they were your own. It is a shame they are being less generous than the original people who posted them with the intention of sharing them with others.

Life is for living...and laughing!

Chandoskid

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 06:18:23 AM »
Has he removed them as I can't see them in any of his albums?

Coastal

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 02:18:46 PM »
I have photos of Birmingham (amongst other places, but all more recent) on my Flicker page, but of the over 8000 pictures in total on my page, I'm in two of them, so I didn't hold the camera, and some are clearly labeled as scans (leaflets and brochures) the rest are all down to me. they are "copyrighted" but anyone only has to ask if they want a copy or use of a photo, It is annoying when people try to make out other peoples property is theirs.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

townie

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 09:54:38 PM »
Hi coastal I was looking for Shard End not to worry. thanks.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy