Author Topic: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.  (Read 245853 times)

Scipio

Re: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.
« Reply #1364 on: July 03, 2020, 06:38:19 PM »
Hi, names Donna. I grew up in Acocks green. Lived on Greenwood Ave. My mum also grew up in acocks green in the 1950s with all of her siblings. They lived on Easton grove last name Tustin. Does anyone remember them..

Welcome Donna 52 did your mother ever work at a school ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Donna52

« Reply #1365 on: July 03, 2020, 07:28:31 PM »
Hi ya, no I don't think she did. They were quite a big family.

linwaisee

« Reply #1366 on: July 04, 2020, 05:29:33 PM »
Linwaisee, is my Chinese name. I'm British, born in Blundell Road in Greet in 1943. I am male and have lived lived in Hong Kong for over 24 years. I have two sons, three grandsons and one great grandson all living in the New Milton (Hampshire) area.

Jim Hyland

« Reply #1367 on: July 05, 2020, 09:55:29 AM »
Hi everybody, I moved to Shard End in 1950/51 aged three or four into Pithall Road, into a three story block at the end of the road facing what became Norman chamberlain much later. As there was no catholic school in the area we were bussed to the Abbey Erdington until the Guardian Angels was built around 1956, which I then attended as the oldest pupils taught by Mr Cronin, the Headmaster was Mr Dwyer and the school caretaker was a no nonsense man Mr Murphy. Some of my classmates were Antony Griffiths, Eddie Nash, Paddy Traynor, and Maurice Carey who all played in the football team with me coached by Mr Dugdale.
At first to attend mass we went to the out buildings at the Bradford Pub, before the priest were bought a house in Hurst Lane and we attended mass in the garage there. The priest names were Father Whittle and Father Callaghan, he was an ex missionary from China who had been imprisoned for his faith  and had suffered physically for his beliefs, he rode everywhere on an old bike with his beret jammed on his head. Father Whittle was a much different character who had a car ( a westminster I believe0 he smoked a pipe and had a dog called Shot. I have many happy memories about growing up in the building site called Shard End.

Regards Jim

anitacoleshill

« Reply #1368 on: July 23, 2020, 04:22:06 PM »
Hi Brian do you remember us Anita and sister Diane lived at no 40.

HappySar

« Reply #1369 on: Today at 07:18:54 PM »
Hi,
This is Happy,Was born in istanbul but moved here a week ago.When I was in istanbul there was an expat forum like this and I helped with my replies on the forum the people who came to istanbul from UK, generally..
And I thought maybe it's my turn :)I'm married, 39 years old male, have twins babies but for now I will be alone for a while hereI wish good luck for everyone!Thanks and greetings.