Author Topic: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.  (Read 354034 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2007, 10:17:05 AM »
 well john it seems to me that everything dies when this god thing come in to it  man forums you name it   and one more thing you forgot john and them that do not belive in the uk god but there own if you get my drift
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Graham

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2007, 10:19:46 AM »
and it was that, that almost killed this forum.....

Yes, as one of the first haul, I pulled my plug out but signed back in after they had gone! And will not hesitate to do the same again. Let's drop it now before we give someone an idea.

mazbeth

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2007, 10:30:31 AM »
I think adults should be able to discuss almost anything if respect and politeness and thinking about what words we use is remembered.
There's no excuse for rudeness from grown ups - it's that and people being miserable and critical that kills forums and conversations.
Typing gives you more time to think about what to say than speaking does - so no excuse.
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2007, 11:16:04 AM »
Mazbeth,

How can that be, I'm miserable and rude when I write and I'm just the same while conversing. Do you think there is any hope or am I just a lost cause. Would you or any of the other ladies like to physco analyse me. Please!!!!

Phil.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mazbeth

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2007, 11:29:32 AM »
 ;D :smitten: aww, now you got me feeling sorry for you....
hope some love is in your Christmas stocking then you'll be nice and cheerful  :)
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2007, 11:43:24 AM »
You see this is why I'm so miserable , all I get is feelings of pity. The only stocking I am likely to get is one filled with a foot aimed at my posterior.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Bannion

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »
Graham/Roy,
Yes I too remember those far off days.  Think I had only just joined when it started to ferment.  Still enough of that.

Now I did say how well the forum is going.  You don't have to take it too literally.   Blow me I posted my last, went to let the cat out (OK six hours I know) and there have been 43 postings, five pages worth at a rate of about seven a hour.
Have pity on this old one for he reads real slow.  I fully expected a load more to have been posted by the time I caught up. ::)

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2007, 03:00:36 PM »
bannion OK mate ill write slow so you can catch up OK, yes it was hard going and some times it was a few days before any one put a post and when they did low and behold it was twisted round to the thing that they wanted to go on about so it all most died but we still put posts up and now its good we have got a good few that use it and its our voice its the only place we can say what we think and feel

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2007, 03:08:51 PM »
mazbeth  we are all grumpy old sods on hear and most of us MOST OF US are anyway but ill tell you this we have all got big hearts and we may not know each other face to face but we do care and we say things on hear to get folk ticking and make them put input back in  i know I'm a sod for it  but it works but we do try not to slag each other but we do cross swords now and then but its soon forgoten we are big boys and girls on hear

mazbeth

« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2007, 10:35:50 PM »
mazbeth  we are all grumpy old sods on hear and most of us MOST OF US are anyway but ill tell you this we have all got big hearts...
that's nice to read - and of course you have if you're from B'ham...
when I get chance (and not so tired) I'll write a bit about the old days in Aston, stuff I remember and stuff my mom has told me.
e.g. I remember a neighbour taking us in after we had a fire at our house in Parliament St.

and we may not know each other face to face but we do care and we say things on hear to get folk ticking and make them put input back in  i know I'm a sod for it  but it works but we do try not to slag each other but we do cross swords now and then but its soon forgoten we are big boys and girls on hear
sounds normal ;) I'll get to understand the humour in time, and hope you all understand mine  :smitten:

Langstraat

« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2007, 12:18:25 AM »
Welcome One,

I'm pleased you've chosen to join the forum and look forward to your input and fresh perspective.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy