Author Topic: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.  (Read 354830 times)

Diggory Jons

Re: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.
« Reply #1254 on: September 17, 2016, 10:14:31 PM »
You are what you feel you are. I was born in a cellar in Cathcart Street, Vauxhall but that makes me no more a Brummie than you are. We are the history of Birmingham and proud of it.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1255 on: September 17, 2016, 10:46:25 PM »
its just a technicality no more no less its states that the hospital at the time was not part of Birmingham  you can call your self what you like its of no matter or importance   I was born in loveday street hospital   I did not have a say in the matter  O0
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

townie

« Reply #1256 on: October 19, 2016, 09:16:47 PM »
I sometimes feel sorry for members and especially the moderators. Some new members come onto the forum ask a question or two, Members are then looking for answers. If answerer's are found or not you never hear from the original poster again. I will try and help anyone if I can and even go out my way. I know the forum is not compulsory but it would be nice for new posters to stay around for a while. That's it, had my rant in a good way, now back to argumentative townie.     
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

GardenGerald

« Reply #1257 on: October 20, 2016, 11:55:17 AM »
Morning Townie
Every day at least one person in Birmingham and the Midlands gets murdered. Are these the ones you refer to who make one post and disappear.
Look after yourself Townie and best wishes.
Gerald.

townie

« Reply #1258 on: October 20, 2016, 12:20:02 PM »
Morning Gerald. If this is the case there won't be anyone left to post.  ;D
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Marlouric

« Reply #1259 on: March 20, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »
Hello and welcome to the Birmingham Forum. Feel free to discuss any issues relating to this great city (and it's suburbs) in these boards.

Come and join us, it do not cost any thing and you will be made most welcome. It's easy going and if you need to know anything about Brum or you would like to put a thread up you will meet some nice folk. Have a bit of fun so come on down join us.

Remember to bookmark this site and come back often to help make this a lively community and great resource for all.

To post messages please register by clicking the button at the top. After posting a message you have 15 minutes to change you mind about what you wrote and edit your post. After that the post becomes permanent, so please be careful about what you write.

Registered users can receive an email when someone posts a new topic, just hit the 'notify' button on each board you are interested in.

Please do not advertise on the forums. If you wish to place an ad, please click on the 'Ads by Google' link, join up and follow the instructions for making a managed placement ad on birminghamforum.co.uk.

We value your privacy here on Birmingham Forum and would advise you not to post your email address on the boards. We are a public forum and anyone can view them including spammers. Please exchange email addresses etc only via personal messages (pm) to people you know.

Another thing to check is that your email address is hidden from other members. Click on your profile, then under Account related settings, make sure 'hide email address from public' is ticked. Your email address will then be visible to no-one except yourself.

Also if anyone receives any unsolicited pm's promoting another website or any other suspicious activity, please report it straight away.
Finally, please feel free to introduce yourself by replying to this message.

Chris.

Marlouric

« Reply #1260 on: March 20, 2017, 07:02:31 PM »

[/quote
Hi all. My grandfather lived in Inkerman St, 28 Porchester St and 57 Clifford St Aston between 1887 and early 1900s before joining the Navy. I'd appreciate any info such as photos, old maps or facts as his daughter my Mum is still alive and keen to know more about her roots.
Thanks.
PS his name was William Haywood and his Mum was Louisa Sabin who later married William Rose. My great grandfather also called William Haywood died before my grandfather was born. He was a brass polisher.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #1261 on: March 20, 2017, 10:15:33 PM »
Hi

Marlouric,

Welcome to the forum, try typing the names of the places you mention in the search-box at the top right of the page. If you don't find what you are looking for try posting an appeal here,
http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=5146.msg153126#msg153126
or any other Aston based thread.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Abt

« Reply #1262 on: March 21, 2017, 07:08:41 AM »
Marlouric.
A bit of the Sabin background for your Mom.

Louisa Sabin born 1860 parents James Sabin and Eliza Hodgetts who married at All Saints Leamington 21st May 1843

1861 census Poole Street ,Birmingham
James Sabin age 41 b  Leamington
Eliza age 38 b Warwick
Elizabeth 9 b Foleshill
James 6 b Birmingham
Sarah A 4 b B'ham
Louisa 1 b B'ham

prior to this they had  Emma 1845,Hannah 1847 and William 1849 all born Foleshill.

Patriot

« Reply #1263 on: March 30, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »
Hello

I'm an exiled Brummie who has lived in Yorkshire since 1964. I made sure I married a cook, not a belly dancer!

I was born in Sheldon then my parents bought a fish and chip shop in Ladypool Rd. Sparkbrook and in 1957 I joined the Merchant Navy and 'disappeared' for 8 years.
My parents moved to Wolverhampton in 1959.

I have happy memories of Birmingham particularly Cannon Hill Park, Swanshurst Park and the old Bull Ring.
Don't be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1264 on: March 30, 2017, 10:07:10 PM »

hi Patriot
                welcome to the forum  its a small world   I owe your mom and dad I was down on my luck at the time and I had spent the night in farm road park im in my teens at this time the next night I was on the ladypool road  it was about 1900 I was cold and hungry and I went in the shop and said iv only got a penny can I buy some chips the lady gave me a bag of chips and said that's ok pay me next time  thanks   
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy