Author Topic: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.  (Read 353998 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.
« Reply #1276 on: June 24, 2017, 11:47:15 AM »
Hi Malkin

Welcome to the forum, sorry I can't help with any personal memories of the Maypole area in the 50's but I know we have other posters from that area, hopefully they might be able to help.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #1277 on: June 24, 2017, 12:19:32 PM »
Hi Malkin Try typing Druids Heath and Maypole in the search box. Good luck.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Melvyn

« Reply #1278 on: July 06, 2017, 08:48:50 AM »

Thanks Chris for the welcome I am looking forward to finding out more of the place I have lived in for nearly 80years, having grown up in Northfield since 1940 before moving to Rubery when I married,in 1963 then a short time in Redditch 20001but since 2014 have returned to  live in Northfield, so I have many memories and interests in Birmingham and look forward to sharing them
Thanks Melvyn

townie

« Reply #1279 on: July 06, 2017, 08:53:05 AM »

Hi Melvyn. Look forward to hearing your stories of 80 years in Brum, Be nice to see some photos if you have any?

All the best with your postings townie.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Melvyn

« Reply #1280 on: July 06, 2017, 09:07:20 AM »

Thanks will try to download a few. I have 2 0f the 'History of Northfield' books which bring back great memories.looking forward to more.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1281 on: July 06, 2017, 09:08:03 AM »

hi Melvyn
                       welcome to the forum so your a northfield man  ill sling a few names at you      benny summers ray street (ginger street the boxer ) ring any bells they used to be mates of mine  O0
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Melvyn

« Reply #1282 on: July 06, 2017, 09:22:33 AM »
Don't ring any bells, I was into football etc and played for Northfield Methodist Youth club in Kings Norton league.

Capps

« Reply #1283 on: July 13, 2017, 06:25:07 PM »
Hello everyone. My parents grew up in Birmingham. My dad and uncles lived on Nineveh Road and my mum lived on Grasmere Road in Handsworth. Is anyone familiar with a factory that was called Alpha Heat Treatment Ltd that was locate at Camden Street or Road? My grandparents used to work there.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #1284 on: July 13, 2017, 07:24:52 PM »
Hi Capps

Welcome top the forum, I'm sorry but I didn't know Alpha Heat Treatment so therefore all I can tell is that it was located at 15 Camden Street which was down at the Parade end of the street, Camden street was a pretty long street. You can see the location on this map it's next door to the Enamel Works. I take it your not living in Birmingham now?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Bronson

« Reply #1285 on: July 13, 2017, 08:14:25 PM »
Hi everyone,  my name is Gordon Brown and I was born in the Sorrento hospital in 1948. Liver and grew up on Albion Road in Greet opposite the Watsonian sidecar company. I attended Greet Primary school and Formans Road school and left there in 1964 to join the Royal Navy . I decided to retire in March 2017 after working at the airport for 17 years, also I had a liver transplant in 2013.  If I have forgotten anything please ask.

Capps

« Reply #1286 on: July 13, 2017, 09:33:08 PM »
Hi Capps

Welcome top the forum, I'm sorry but I didn't know Alpha Heat Treatment so therefore all I can tell is that it was located at 15 Camden Street which was down at the Parade end of the street, Camden street was a pretty long street. You can see the location on this map it's next door to the Enamel Works. I take it your not living in Birmingham now?

No, I now live in the USA.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy