Author Topic: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.  (Read 354035 times)

andy21a

Re: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.
« Reply #1309 on: March 16, 2018, 11:06:39 PM »
Greetings, I have just moved back to Birmingham after 7 years of living in a tiny town called London. I was born in Lordswood Maternity Hospital (which they pulled down shortly after, not surprising), so I guess that makes me a Brummie. I hope to be making some contributions to the forum shortly. Be nice, I'm new :)

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #1310 on: March 16, 2018, 11:12:25 PM »
Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the best city in England, where did you spend the last 7 years in that terrible place you have just been rescued from?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #1311 on: March 16, 2018, 11:16:38 PM »
Andy

Whats with the 21A Don't tell me you are another refugee from Saltley Sheds?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

andy21a

« Reply #1312 on: March 17, 2018, 03:09:24 PM »
Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the best city in England, where did you spend the last 7 years in that terrible place you have just been rescued from?

Thanks for the welcome Phil, well when I first went to London I moved to Borough (Bermondsey way), then I had enough of being trapped underground on the Northern Line every morning and moved north of the river to Whitechapel, actually I was just around the corner from a ripper murder location. Interesting, but not interesting enough to want to stay there.
21A was an address I used to live at, and no, sorry not from Saltley originally, but t'other side of the city, Longbridge :)

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #1313 on: March 17, 2018, 04:31:56 PM »
Hi Andy

All I know is that 21A  is something to do with Saltley Railway sheds, it must be some sort of a location code. We have a couple of members on here that used to work there that mentioned it.

I tried living in London for a short while in my youth in the sixties, not far from Bermondsy, in Deptford but I couldn't get on with with life there as I missed Birmingham so I came back to my roots. 
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

andy21a

« Reply #1314 on: March 17, 2018, 10:59:56 PM »
I sold my car at an auction in Deptford (London doesn't like cars), but since returning I now have a car again :) It's good to be back!!

robinn

« Reply #1315 on: April 02, 2018, 06:13:20 PM »
Hi, I'm Robin.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1316 on: April 02, 2018, 06:45:08 PM »
welcome robin enjoy the forum O0
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

linwaisee

« Reply #1317 on: April 03, 2018, 12:26:28 PM »
one night in 1959, my cousin and I were walking home after a few scoops abd we saw a goods train chugging along on an embankment. My cousin said fancy getting on that train, this is a LMS line so we could end up in Scotland tomorrow. I said, yes, why not. I fancied a day or two away from my job. We chased the train and boarded an open carriage. About half an hour kater the train stopped after several.minutes of clanging buffers. We were inside Saltley goods yard and the train wasn't going anywhere else. We started to look for a way out and somebody shouted Oiy, who're you. We started to run between parked trains and over many lines before coming to a 6 foot chain link fence, which we clambered over and ran off down the street. It was a long walk.to Springfield and I did go to work the next day. So much for railroad hobos

davidc

Power corrupts

robx52

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy