Author Topic: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.  (Read 353982 times)

marie 65c

Re: Welcome to Birmingham Forum - Please read.
« Reply #1320 on: August 11, 2018, 10:15:49 PM »
hello i am very new at this never done before but i am trying to find out info about loveday st maternity hospital please can anyone help thanks marie

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1321 on: August 11, 2018, 10:37:05 PM »

hi marie 65 welcome to the forum      have a look at this topic its all about loveday street hospital just click on this link

loveday street maternity hospital
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

marie 65c

« Reply #1322 on: August 11, 2018, 10:46:18 PM »
thank you roy

Scipio

« Reply #1323 on: August 11, 2018, 10:50:18 PM »
thank you roy

Marie A very welcome to the forum , hope you enjoy the banter etc
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

marie 65c

« Reply #1324 on: August 12, 2018, 10:56:10 AM »
i am trying to find out if there are records for births at loveday hospital my mom had a baby there 1959, and describes all the birth the baby was taken away from her due to unmarried underage, i would love to try to find birth records, also if it was common practice apparently  given away for adoption and  registered in another name so fiinding it very difficult and i would love to find out more  anyone any ideas please???

frederick

« Reply #1325 on: August 12, 2018, 11:08:05 AM »
I take it your mum is no longer with you. You will find the child that was adopted will have to get in touch with you if that ever happens. The only other way if you have a surname for the child is to get in touch with the Birmingham juvenile court. Good luck with your search.    O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Abt

« Reply #1326 on: August 12, 2018, 11:20:46 AM »
Marie sadly it was sometimes difficult for unmarried mothers to keep their babies but even if they were adopted they had to be registered by law by the birth mother or a close relative if she was unable,

Google  Freebmd.org.uk.

Search for babies born Birmingham 1959 with your mothers surname at the time, if the name opposite the childs birthname is the same it will show the mothers unmarried status.

Try also Mar 1960 in your search as babies born at the end of  December 1959 could be registered then.

If you need more help message me on the forum,  Alberta

marie 65c

« Reply #1327 on: August 12, 2018, 12:48:48 PM »
thank you soo much you lovely people... thyanks for your encouragement frederick  and alberta thanks so much i will try to search i think it is a very sensitive one i do know a bit more info but i cant seem to private message you back yet as not  enough posts i think thank you for your time you are so lovely  and yes it is very sad xx

marie 65c

« Reply #1328 on: August 12, 2018, 01:18:51 PM »
could it at all be possible that the baby was taken by someone and then registered in there name thats what my thinks happened and they came to collect the baby with a relative and the priest?? and her mother gave the baby away do you think this could be possible???

marie 65c

« Reply #1329 on: August 12, 2018, 01:19:19 PM »
sorry thats what my mom thinks happened

Abt

« Reply #1330 on: August 12, 2018, 03:03:42 PM »
Marie , I do not know how this can happen because the place where your baby is born also informs the authorities.

I know this because when I had my first son in 1963  my husband went to register him the next day and the Register office hadn't been sent the paperwork by the midwife.

You may have made enough posts now to message me. Alberta

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy