Author Topic: tinkers farm secondry modern northfield  (Read 2669 times)

old brummie

tinkers farm secondry modern northfield
« on: October 31, 2011, 07:21:15 AM »
Is there any one out there that attended TF as I would very much like to try to arrange a reunion. particularly Derek Styzaker and Brian Harris. I started there in 1955, at that time it was a good school with a happy atmosphere except for the occational caining with was accepted as normal in those days. The one great problem all us boys had was trying to get a glimpse of the girls who were in the same school but in separte buildings and as they had their own playground and any of the boys class rooms that overlooked this playground had the lower windows painted over we had to resort to scrapping small spy holes. Netball practice was a particular favourit but if a teacher caught us with an eye to a hole he was dragged out to the front of the class and usually cained on the hand. The trouble was, in those unenlighted days, (sex education been a thing of the future) we xcould watch them but hadn't a clue how to proceed from looking. The school provided an allround education in English, Maths, Science, Art, woodwork and metalwork with sport and PE thrown in. The Masters I can remember were Mr Butler (headmaster), Mr Frogget (general) Mr Slim (science), Mr Perkins (Music and General). We had a beautiful organ in the main hall that I think had been rescued from a church somewhere and this was played by Mr Sidebottom. It's funny but people use to say that school days were the best days of you life but I couldn't wait to get to the freedom of adulthood now looking back I think they were the best days and except for the occational dose of corporal punishment I would love to go back.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy