Author Topic: andys coaches  (Read 5226 times)

spidersmith

andys coaches
« on: November 01, 2011, 09:33:45 PM »
hi guys,can anyone please help.i am trying to collect any information on andys coaches,this is for my own interest only.kind regards,spidersmith.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Andy's coaches
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 09:07:02 AM »
Hi Spidersmith

First of all let me welcome you to the forum, I know little about Andy's Coaches other than they had a depot in Bloomsbury St and another in Nechells Park Rd. I don't even know if these existed at the same time, but we do have a couple of members that should be able to tell you quite a bit about the company. Steve and Pudding come to mind straight away.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

thraper

Re: andys coaches
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »
Hello spidersmith,i worked as a part time driver for andys from app1970 until the company closed in 1985 when it was bought out by Den Caney.I had psv lessons with them starting on a leyland PD2 then a Bristol Lodekka and tested on an AEC

vauxonion

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 05:15:33 PM »
Andy,s Coaches moved from Bloomsbury St due to demolition of the site to their new complex in Nechells Park Rd late 50s-- to early 60s. Dek

knocka

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:35:32 PM »
Hi  i worked for Andys Coaches as a coach cleaner between 1971 and 1972
the owner was a Mr Anderson his brother was the main mechanic , Brian was the manager  i remember
some of the drivers Tony ,Roy ,Bill   .

Cheers Kevin

Ray Harrison

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 10:02:19 PM »
The only thing Andy about them was they were over the road from our School. In the 50s/60s they always used to break down.Went on a trip to Derby one time all those hills and dales were too much for the coach about 40 kids and teacher tried to push it no use . waited 4 hours for another coach to come from Brum. Most of the day wasted ,2 hours in Matlock then back home Late ,Not for the first time .
BUD

Lwinwood

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 09:23:52 PM »
Hi spidersmith,
I've just come across your post and I was wandering if you had managed to find any info about andy's coaches? The owner was my late grandad William (Bill) Anderton. I realise this post is a few years old now but if you get this I would love to hear how you got on with your research.  :)

townie

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 10:24:20 PM »

Unfortunaly Lwinwood .Spidersmith hasn't been active on the forum since July 26, 2013 so your chances are slim but there may be others on the forum who can help.
Good luck townie.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

bendyman

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 03:58:54 PM »

I have a bus ticket of Andy's Coaches

Wain1

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 09:28:38 PM »
Unfortunaly Lwinwood .Spidersmith hasn't been active on the forum since July 26, 2013 so your chances are slim but there may be others on the forum who can help.
Good luck townie.

Hello Lwinwood

Wain1

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 09:39:12 PM »
Hello can anyone remember the really tall guy who worked at Andys coaches in the early 60s, he may have had a slight speech stammer from what i remember!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy