Author Topic: London Midland Trains  (Read 490 times)

Spud

London Midland Trains
« on: November 02, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »
 Has anyone had problems with London Midland Trains ?
Last week my wife and I were returning from London Euston. Leaving Euston at 19:13 we were due back at New St at 21:16.After about an hour we were advised over the PA that due to signalling problems around Coventry we would be late and 21:30 the new arrival time.Not a problem.From Northampton to Coventry it was continually stop start and one stage we were told that that 'We have no idea when we will reach Coventry' Around 22:00 we were approaching Coventry and then over the PA another annoucement.'This Train Will Terminate at Coventry ! Those people travelling on from New St will be able to use their Tickets on any Train from New St' All well and good but just how are we going to get to New St ? Will a Bus Service be laid on ? No.'Try the Virgin Office on Coventry Station Concousre'said the London Midland Guard. Shut.There must have been 2/300 pasengers just dumped by London Midland .There were lots of Families with young Children OAPs etc . Fortunately a delayed Virgin Train arrived and took us on to New St arriving at 22:45.
I have E mailed London Midland almost a week ago no reply of course and I have followed this up with an official compensation request. >:(

The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

maggie

Re: London Midland Trains
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:41:16 AM »
Sounded like train travel during 1940/1948
except we did.nt get announcements,. we just sat and waited.no lights, or refreshments, no bus or train to move us to our destination, half the time no seats either..
You had it rather good I think.
Oh yes the earlier years the trains stopped cos of bombing
not good for ones health..
do unto others as you would be done by

frederick

Re: London Midland Trains
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 11:48:10 AM »
We used to have a thing with the buses in the smog the driver would stop and you had to walk sometimes from one side of the city to the other, all part of the good old days  :)
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy