Author Topic: parkinson cowan / southalls / brookhill rd / bolton rd /bridge st west hockley  (Read 14996 times)

baznkazthebrummies

my wife agrees with you, as she was raised in this area, and reading what you put and looking at the photo again had jogged the old brain cells and she recalls that area slightly..thanks
COMMON SENSE IS NOT THAT COMMON

berniew

Hi BaznKaz there has certainly  been a lot of changes but the old houseing stock had had it;s day . I'd say you were bang on with the Citreon  garage.. Major changes have happened to most of Small Heath I lived in Grange Road Most of that's part of the school now . I'm a bit dim with computers the only thing that might work is to download it to a memory stick and try playing through a phone or camcorder or a disc but I would put it up as a question on the forum , there does not seem to be a specific place to put it soany wgere will do .
 Bernie

baznkazthebrummies

thanks bernie..i will drop a message on here later....
we are still looking for any other photos of brookhill rd alum rock and also does anyone have any photos of oakley rd school small heath and also any ward end hall secondary northleigh rd . all contributions will be greatly recieved
regards
baznkaz
COMMON SENSE IS NOT THAT COMMON

Ellen07886

Here's a short clip about slum conditions in  Bolton Road it says Handsworth on the title but it is Small Heath
  Bernie
Hi, I've been searching for this video clip for months, my mom was one of the protesters.  The link doesn't work, any chance of uploading again for me to view?  thanks.

mikejee

They seem to have corrected the name from handsworth to Birmingham. I assume this is the clip
http://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-today-16081973-bolton-road-birmingham

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy