Author Topic: Re: Bristol St Area  (Read 7986 times)

stuleask

Re: Bristol St Area
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »
Hi Alan and Phil - the church in Bristol Street you are talking about had been bombed during the war and was derilict. It was near to Benacre Street and it was two young lads from Hope Street junior school who found the womans body.  They were in my brothers class and he was envious of the fact that they got a holiday to Wales to compensate for the trauma!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »
Hi there Stu

Welcome to the forum, I bet you were all out every day looking for more bodies.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

alanmillard

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »
Hi Alan and Phil - the church in Bristol Street you are talking about had been bombed during the war and was derilict. It was near to Benacre Street and it was two young lads from Hope Street junior school who found the womans body.  They were in my brothers class and he was envious of the fact that they got a holiday to Wales to compensate for the trauma!
hi thanks for the info. alan

alanmillard

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 11:32:21 PM »
hi thanks for the info. alan
hi peops i was talking to my sister about the murder at the back of the church on Bristol rd as she also used to play in that erea and she also remembers the pool but sadley she cant help with the name other than those already suggested. thanks anyway. alan

JudithM

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2018, 01:31:29 PM »
Hi Alan

The only churches I can remember down that section of Bristol St would be St Luke's or the Baptist Church. They were the only ones I can remember on that side of the road.

By the way I'm only a baby, I will be 65 shortly.

Phil

Didn't want to start a new thread.

Were you aware that St Luke's is now in the process of demolition?  There's about a third of it left now.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy