Author Topic: MOSELEY AREA PICTURES & INFORMATION WANTED  (Read 5487 times)

MOSELIAN

MOSELEY AREA PICTURES & INFORMATION WANTED
« on: June 06, 2007, 03:18:34 PM »
HELLO MEMBERS,
CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME WITH INFORMATION & OLD PICTURES OF THE MOSELEY AREA. I AM COMPILING A BOOK ON THE HISTORY OF THIS SUBURB AND NEED THESE FOR THE PROJECT. PERSONAL ANECDOTES ALSO ARE WELCOME AND WILL BE GRATEFULLY RECIEVED.
REGARDS MOSELIAN

toy shop

Re: MOSELEY AREA PICTURES & INFORMATION WANTED
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 08:46:24 PM »
I was born in the Sorrento Maternity Home in Wake Green Road, Moseley in 1945.  My parents lived in Ladypool Road, Balsall Health and we moved to Anderton Park Road where I lived from 1950 - 1964.  I would walk up that road, along Forest Road and to 'the village' as Moseley itself was known at that time. Can't imagine anything less like a rural village now that I have seen the outside world!

MOSELIAN

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 09:37:21 PM »
HELLO TOYSHOP,
I LIVED ON ANDERTON PARK ROAD TOO AND THAT WAS MY SAME ROUTE INTO THE VILLAGE. TIMES SURE HAVE CHANGED, BUT NOT FOR THE BETTER.
ANY MEMOIRS OR OLD ANECDOTES ARE WELCOME IF YOU WANT TO JOT THEM DOWN FOR ME.
KIND REGARDS MOSELIAN

Jacqueline

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 04:09:18 PM »
Can you use piccys that have already been published? If so my mother has a calender with piccys of old Moseley and Kings Heath. She will not allow me to take the calender until new year but i will be happy to scan the Moseley ones after Jan.

Also have you looked at the virtual brum site? Many good pics on there.

john2000

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 04:40:03 PM »
Jacqueline..... Take care with what you put up on the web, or copy, ( even if you don't sell to make money, you can be liable,)  when you have the photos then thats different, but if some one take a photo then in reality its still theirs and not yours, OK,  ::)
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

MOSELIAN

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 05:10:07 PM »
HELLO JAQUELINE,
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE. I HAVE A CALENDAR FOR THIS YEAR THAT FEATURES MOSELEY VILLAGE AND KINGS HEATH. IT IS PUT OUT BY MAXAM. WOULD THIS BE THE ONE? I HAVE ALSO CHECKED OUT THE VIRTUAL BRUM SITE. THANKS ANYWAY FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.
KIND REGARDS MOSELIAN

Jacqueline

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »
Thanks John,
   You are correct. However i have found this with census stuff and i argue about that. It's over 100 years for heavens sake so how can it be classed as copywright?
   So how does someone copyright a photo that has probably been copywrited before and how the heck would one know with so much available on the web?

mazbeth

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 06:43:35 PM »
HELLO MEMBERS,
CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME WITH INFORMATION & OLD PICTURES OF THE MOSELEY AREA. I AM COMPILING A BOOK ON THE HISTORY OF THIS SUBURB AND NEED THESE FOR THE PROJECT. PERSONAL ANECDOTES ALSO ARE WELCOME AND WILL BE GRATEFULLY RECIEVED.
REGARDS MOSELIAN

http://www.moseley-society.org.uk/

http://www.francisfrith.com/search/england/west+midlands/moseley/

Toy Shop, my son was born at Sorrento, too, but in 1990...
sad it's not there now, smaller hospitals are really needed..although they were understaffed even then and we both suffered badly because of that...BUT, they saved his life.
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

john2000

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 08:06:27 PM »
Mazbeth.....the hospital ( Sorrento ), is now an old peoples home, ( upper class,) my mom was with me when I was born 2nd floor I think, I don't remember much, I was very little then, when I was back in the UK, I went to Mosley to find out if there was anything about be being born there, and could they look into the archives.. nope the builders took all the information and gave it to the Birmingham library.. so no joy from that area..as yet,,when I'm back in the UK, I'll find time to pop in the library and see what I can find.....John 2000 ::)
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 08:32:22 PM »
John,

I heard you were found floating in a basket on the Nile, and this is probably the reason you have been a wanderer all your life.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mazbeth

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 11:46:39 PM »
Mazbeth.....the hospital ( Sorrento ), is now an old peoples home, ( upper class,)
I know, (as I live in the next district still), but it's a complete rebuild.

oh well, where I was born, Heathfield Rd hospital, is also knocked down :(

I don't remember much, I was very little then,
tut tut!! can't you remember more? ;D
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy