Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1834 times)

snowglowjoe

« on: January 22, 2012, 10:52:28 AM »
I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have seen a list of photos by moderator Phil, where he has listed photo attachments against reply numbers. However I search on the forum I cannot bring up the relevant post. Can someone help me please? I'm a silver surfer with a lot to learn!

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 11:13:14 AM »
Good Morning Joe

Unfortunately the list is only just that a list, I'm afraid i don't possess the technical ability to enable clicking the list taking you direct to the photo. What it does is make the search of the posts a little less of a task in finding the photo that you want as it indicates the number of the post where the photo was uploaded.

I hope this is of help to you, and thanks for reminding me that it is time I updated the list.

By the way welcome to the forum.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

snowglowjoe

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 11:19:34 AM »
Thanks for the rapid reply Phil! I'm obviously missing something here...I appreciate the fact that there are no links to the relevant pictures on your index, but I cannot for the life of me track down the post number. If you could help me on that I would be most grateful. I've spent ages this morning trying to find your post, with the photos of Saltley Gasometers x 3, without any luck. As an old gas man, it would be nice to have a look

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 11:30:31 AM »
Joe

If you go to the Nechells, Vauxhall, Duddeston & Saltley, 40's, 50's & 60's. thread itself, underneath each thread post you will see the date and just before that you will see the reply No. If you follow these numbers back to the one that you want you will find the photo.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

snowglowjoe

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 11:30:48 AM »
Ignore the last post Phil - I've found them! Yes, I was being a little dumb! I'm new to all this, so I suppose it's part of the learning process. I won't ask you where you manage to get all your photos from, but I think they are fantastic! I only wish, in my autumn years that I'd had the foresight years ago to start using my camera to better effect. I suppose it's never to late to start? Thanks for taking the time to reply and if I can find any pics which I think may be of interest, I will try to upload them!

snowglowjoe

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »
Thanks Phil, that's exactly what I did - more haste, less speed

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 11:35:34 AM »
Joe

I have to point out that very few of these photos were taken by myself. In fact they are just photos that I have collected over the years.

In many cases you will see where I acknowledge the original photographer and I always try to ensure there are no copyright issues with any photo that I post.

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 11:23:28 PM »
I wish that all the new members who join this forum would stick around there are so many who post a few posts and you never hear from them again. When I first joined this forum all I posted was about Shard End and pubs that I remembered. I did not know about the other topics. I was a New member and remember seeing Hero members with thousands of posts which made it feel daunting. But I persevered and i'm still here from 2010. All new members post what ever you like within the rules and you will soon grow. I did you can.    O0 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 12:50:25 PM »
 townie

good post

forums are a bit like life you get out what you put in this forum is not every body's cut of tea  and members come and go but most members on this forum have a point to make and that what a forum is about  iv been on this forum for about six or Severn years but 12 months ago I had an email from some one that I used to chat to but not on this forum and I had an invite to join a group of like minded folk its not a forum that you can join its by invite only and at the moment there are 91 members we discuss new inventions new technology how to make it work for you kind of thing how to speed up your internet at no cost to you  but the point of it is not all forums are for every body so like you townie you make your mark fit in and put in more than you take out you have found a forum and made Friends and become part of  and I hope that is how others see the Birmingham forum O0 O0

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy