Author Topic: Laurel & Hardy  (Read 549 times)

johnlaughing

Laurel & Hardy
« on: January 22, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »
The next meeting of the Birmingham branch of the Laurel & Hardy appreciation society is on Thursday 2nd Feb.(From 7.30PM) The venue is the 'Forget me Not' Club, Tyburn Road,Erdington, Birmingham. We show the boys films on the big screen, have a raffle etc.and generally have a good laugh. Children welcome.  We usually get between 80- 100 people at our meetings. Please feel free to come along. Here's another nice mess you could be getting yourselves into! :)

greenbrummie

Re: Laurel & Hardy
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 12:11:51 AM »
 Hi Johnlaughing,you can not be serious. Wish I lived nearer.   I would give that    a look in .   I love all that old humour and slapstick.    What sort of ages are this audience.          Must be knockin on I guess.

pickard.r

Re: Laurel & Hardy
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 11:17:42 PM »
Hi Johnlaughing,you can not be serious. Wish I lived nearer.   I would give that    a look in .   I love all that old humour and slapstick.    What sort of ages are this audience.          Must be knockin on I guess.

Hi to the both of you & welcome to the forum.
I am a great fan of "The Lads" and was in Stan's birthplace of Ulverston 4 years ago. We visited the Laurel & Hardy museum (which I understand has moved to bigger premises since) and was amazed that during the showing of one of their films just how young the MAJORITY of the audience was, to hear the  children laughing at the antics on screen was really surprising.

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.