Author Topic: Waverley Grammar School  (Read 26412 times)

Sarah Flanagan Charlton

Re: Waverley Grammar School
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2018, 09:12:07 PM »
Hi Ann
Did you by any chance know my mum  - Sheila Flanagan?  She was at Waverley Grammar School in 1955 to either 1956 or 57.I would love to hear from you if you did!!Thank youSarah

Bobrob

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2018, 09:47:28 PM »
Played football for the school team, left wing, and well remember Bob South who used to show us all up with his skills.

Hi Hopton, thanks for the complement. Remember you very well too. Now live in France semi-retired running a kennels and cattery, makes a change from accountancy. Used to have a school photo re 1965 on computer , obviously with you on it but lost it when changed to a new computer.... not my forte.....trying to find a replacement photo if anyone out there can help. Originally kindly sent to me by someone via 'friends reunited'  a while ago. Sorry to hear about Carolyn..... who can forget Carolyn ??? Hope you're well yourself   Regards  Bob  South

Bobrob

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2018, 10:19:27 PM »
And wasn't one of the teachers known as "Killer Evans", who used to prowl the hall during assembly to ensure we behaved? Good times, to be sure.

Forgot .... that would be killer Wilkes, all the kids were a little scared of him but  [/size]I think his bark was bigger than his bite. He was always very good to me possibly because of the football... he was a linesman in the pro league at the time and refereed the school matches when he could[/size]