Author Topic: Waverley Grammar School  (Read 58982 times)

jaydyer

Re: Waverley Grammar School
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2014, 10:25:01 PM »
Hi I  was at Waverley from 1960 to 1966 and was in 4 g my name is john dyer and I now live in Spain I remember classmates Leslie Mann,Eddie Green Brian Googer Sandra Taylor  If my memory serves me well I think I was in  Ivanhoe and if anyone out there would like to get in touch please do

gravon42

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2014, 10:30:10 PM »
Hi there,  I was in 4G and also Ivanhoe (made mistake on previous page-not Red Gauntlet) but
I left in 1959!
One life - live it!

AlWilson

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2015, 08:30:09 AM »
Hi, Allan Wilson here. I was at all three Waverley schools. I moved to Brum from Australia in Nov. 1963 was in 3S at Camp Hill, 4S at Waverley Rd and 5S when the school at Hobmoor Rd opened in Sept '65. I left in June '66. Was married in '73 and emigrated to Vancouver Canada in '75. I am interested in hearing from anybody I knew in that time...

maggie w

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2015, 12:49:42 PM »
Hello  I am doing a family tree and my father-inlaw (deceased so can't ask him questions) went to Waverley Grammar school.  I believe that he moved from Stoke-on-Trent at about the age of 13 and started at Waverley.  This would have been around 1937.  Do the archive records give pupil lists for this time? His name was Stanley Reginald Waine.

daverock

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2015, 12:52:18 PM »
Hi Maggie I have a lot of info on the school but a lot was lost on the transfer from Byron Road site to Hobmoor road site, all I have from that era are a few magazines from 1930 & a scroll picture from 1929. It may be worth contacting the school as I believe they might still have some pictures from that era but I am not certain about that. I did have a phone call from a guy about 12 months ago who left in 1939 but he lives in Tucson & must be in his eighties. Cheers

maggie w

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2015, 05:29:25 PM »
Thanks for that.  I will contacting the school.
Maggie

guntonh

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2015, 11:49:54 AM »
Hi
I am Hilary Gunton Mr George Barnes' daughter. If mr Colin Nichols needs some old newspaper cuttings regarding reviews etc on the Waverley Operas I could scan and email to Colin if required. I know this is an old post but Colin has been in touch with my mother recently and this is the best i can do to let him know.
regards Hilary

Ann53

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2015, 01:55:54 PM »
I started at Waverley in 1963 at the school on Camp Hill. I remember the old music room which was tiered like a lecture theatre, I was taught to play the violin, unsuccessfully,  but can't remember the teacher's  name, he was small with glasses. We moved on from there to Hob Moor Road but it was never quite the same.

Ann53

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2015, 01:57:57 PM »
My house was Talisman

mechris3

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2016, 03:43:15 PM »
Did anyone here go to school with my father Michael Michael? It would have been probably from 1951 or 1952?

We know he went to Waverly Grammar School. We are trying to find out which Enfants and Junior Schools he went to.

mechris3

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2016, 03:45:45 PM »
Hello  I am doing a family tree and my father-inlaw (deceased so can't ask him questions) went to Waverley Grammar school.  I believe that he moved from Stoke-on-Trent at about the age of 13 and started at Waverley.  This would have been around 1937.  Do the archive records give pupil lists for this time? His name was Stanley Reginald Waine.

Hi Maggie W.

I am also trying to find out some information about my father's youth too. (Sadly also deceased). If you get a response to your question would you be able to share any information you get with me?

kind regards
Chris Michael (son of the late Michael Michael, at Waverly from about 1951 or 1952 I think as he was born in 1941)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy