Author Topic: Waverley Grammar School  (Read 58990 times)

Barbara Capp

Re: Waverley Grammar School
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2020, 11:45:47 AM »
Hi Bob, you are the first person that I have messaged who was in my year at Waverley.  I have been to a couple of reunions but no one there from my year.  I remember you well as a very quiet “shy” lad who was sporty and a lot of the girls fancied you.  I have been a primary school teacher in Birmingham for most of my working years but now have retired and love it.  I have never had such a great social life before and enjoying every minute of it 😁.  When I see Chris tomorrow I will tell her how I made contact so I expect she will message you too.  Do you keep in touch with any others from our year?

Great to hear from you
Barbara

Bobrob

« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2020, 01:57:45 PM »
Hi Barbara, you've never said a truer word  ;)  They still do  O0  Say hello to Christine for me. Look after yourself  Bob

fourbie

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2020, 10:56:49 AM »
I was at WGS between 1957 - 1964.
Keith Dudley

I think we played guitar together - Dudders this is John!

fourbie

« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2020, 12:12:06 PM »
I was at WGS from 1957 to 1964.
I remember some friends; Peter Dixon, David Gray, Dave Kilner, Valerie Haywood, David Watt, Peter Tetley, Joyce ???? and some teachers such as Acker Wilkes (AKA killer Wilkes), John Buccal, Sam Shirley, Float. Someone we called Nuncy, Hassel, Miss Fawkes and Mrs. Boote with an E.  The history teacher I forget but always said "independence is all e apart from the first i" and a few others. Excuse me if the spellings are incorrect but it was a few years ago.

OliviaDennis

« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2020, 02:41:04 PM »

I was ar Waverley Grammar from 1955-1960 first at Camp Hill and then Waverley Road. I remmebr Mr Hassall and Miss Bridges from Camp Hill. At Waverley Road I remember the Headmaster was Mr Hill. For English we had Mr Hadley (known as Slasher) and Mr Deacey (known as DC), for French Miss Fawkes, for Chemistry Mr Dance, for music Mr Walker of course. There was a Miss Macmillan, might have been art or games. Re Miss Howarth, the version of 'float' I heard was that, if there was an explosion in the chemistry lab, she souldn't sink she'd float.
I saw one version of Andrew Jolliboys with Derek Winwood.
The summer we left (1960) we had a trip to Norway with two geography teachers whose names I've forgotten.
I would be happy to hear from anyone who remembers any of this.
Olivia

Mrsevo

« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2020, 12:10:56 PM »
Hi,

My grandad has dug out an old photo and has been reminiscing of his time at Waverley. His name is ken (kenny/Kenneth) ball and would’ve been there from 1954-1960 ish i think, it may have been ‘53.

I’m trying to post the image but struggling to get the right size but names in the photo are:

K orgill
B Martin
R Howard
P broom
T brettell
T durrant
T duckett
D Hutchins
C greswold
K Wright
M short
D trevis
L hayward
W Stevens
R keme
A guest (Tony)
L ridding
Kathleen Roberts
Sheila gerrard
Pat Mitchell
Madeline wright
Margaret dobbins
Teresa treweeks
Irene Harris
Ann Seymour
Barbara duffill
Linda cheetham
Pauline philpotts
Gillian small
Maureen whick
Janet Cooper
Janice cotterell

Would be nice to hear if anyone remembers him.

Thanks

Aimee

Barnden

« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2021, 03:40:13 AM »
I started at camp hill, then small heath and finished at Hobmoor road I think in 1966 or 7. Many happy memories. Now living in Adelaide. I am still in touch with Rod Jenkins back in the UK and would love to hear from others. Coincidentally a guy at my yacht club Les Hughes was at Waverley a few years ahead of me but I never knew him at the school. So I'm Mike Barnden if you remember me I'm happy to be in touch.

Scipio

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2021, 07:14:46 PM »
Hi,

My grandad has dug out an old photo and has been reminiscing of his time at Waverley. His name is ken (kenny/Kenneth) ball and would’ve been there from 1954-1960 ish i think, it may have been ‘53.

I’m trying to post the image but struggling to get the right size but names in the photo are:

K orgill
B Martin
R Howard
P broom
T brettell
T durrant
T duckett
D Hutchins
C greswold
K Wright
M short
D trevis
L hayward
W Stevens
R keme
A guest (Tony)
L ridding
Kathleen Roberts
Sheila gerrard
Pat Mitchell
Madeline wright
Margaret dobbins
Teresa treweeks
Irene Harris
Ann Seymour
Barbara duffill
Linda cheetham
Pauline philpotts
Gillian small
Maureen whick
Janet Cooper
Janice cotterell

Would be nice to hear if anyone remembers him.

Thanks

Aimee

Did he ever work for Philips Electrical ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy