Author Topic: Warwick Rd Greet/Sparkhill  (Read 3282 times)

Phil

• Global Moderator
Warwick Rd Greet/Sparkhill
« on: February 11, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »
These few photos are for our member Garvin who at one time lived in the area before being whisked off to Canada by his parents.

Garvin these are from the area that you lived in the one shows a butchers shop next to Bancroft's, might this be your parents shop? Then there is one of the local flea-pit next to Watsonian Sidecars, another shows some more local shops and yet another shows Mountford St cutting off Warwick Rd. The final one shows the local junior & infant school.

Phil
Make Love Not War

walt00

Re: Warwick Rd Greet/Sparkhill
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 03:48:08 PM »
Does anyone have any decent Pics of The Greet Public House.
walt00
W.H,Prottey

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 04:58:03 PM »
Walt

Sorry this is the best I can do for The Greet, I thought I had one of it whilst it was still operational. I used to pop in the lounge there some Sunday evenings during the 70's but it was never very lively.

Phil
Make Love Not War

walt00

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »
Thanks Phil
                 That's great is to send to my Sis in Australia she cannot remember where the District of Greet was.
Wal.
W.H,Prottey

pickard.r

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 10:56:44 AM »
I used The Greet In the 70's when contracting at Lucas on Formans Road, had many "liquid lunches" in there :D ...I last visited in 96 ish after finding out an old colleague from Courage was installed as Manager and was surprised to find it had hardly changed. I have had no luck scouring on Google for a photo ( I,m sure Ive seen one in the past) but have found this footage of a group performing in the Lounge Bar way back in 92.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL2pLP2v5Rk

Those black beams and horse brasses were there in the 70's AND when I was last there in 96 8)

Bobby

You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.