Author Topic: Sweet Shop at 38 Tower Road Birmingham Abby C Cottrell  (Read 2737 times)

Kenbib

Re: Sweet Shop at 38 Tower Road Birmingham Abby C Cottrell
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 09:17:21 AM »
Goldfish,
I do not remember the the outdoor but I do remember the pub on the corner of Tower Rd and Upper Sutton st I used to deliver milk Tower Rd Upper Thomas St Clifton Rd Upper Sutton st 1950-51 I do remember the bakery or cake shop in Upper Sutton St the lardy cakes were wonderful.
Ken  ::)

Jays

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 09:29:06 PM »
Goldfish

The photo index only relates to the Nechells, Vauxhall Dudeston and Saltley thread. I can tell you its pretty much a certainty that you won't find ant photos of Tower Rd on this site. It is Tower Rd Aston you are looking for isn't it ?

I think the only photo I have of that road is the outdoor, which I can put up if you like. but I will have a look around and see if I can come up with anything else.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I have just seen the photograph of the outdoor in Tower Road, Aston. Do you know what number it was?

My friend lived at no. 93 and it was an outdoor but not that one. Looking at the outdoor the door was on the left and the window on the right.  The outdoor was between Potters Hill and Upper Thomas Street.

I don't know of another outdoor though I can't remember anything about Tower Road from Upper Thomas Street to Aston Cross, I rarely went down there.

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
Jays

Yes 93 was an outdoor, but there was another down past Upper Sutton Street near to Upper Thomas Street on the other side of the road at number 182 that is the one in the photo.
Make Love Not War

Jays

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 11:19:24 PM »
Jays

Yes 93 was an outdoor, but there was another down past Upper Sutton Street near to Upper Thomas Street on the other side of the road at number 182 that is the one in the photo.

Thanks Phil.,

I am seeing my old friend next week, she could not remember another one either, I'll report the completion to her :)