Author Topic: Re: balsall heath changes over the years  (Read 9928 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: balsall heath changes over the years
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 11:20:44 AM »
Laylag

Having lived in Balsall Heath on and off from 1947 I have to inform you the reason the red light district in Balsall Heath existied was mainly because of the immigrant population and among them there were many young muslim men. Many I knew personally.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 12:45:00 PM »
phil I agree with your last post 100% the girls would go in some of the house that would have 5 or six to a room do there job and perhaps go to the next house all the girls that I new was decent girls just trying to get by
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

mikejee

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 11:12:35 PM »
And of course in Rotherham it was young muslim men that abused,raped and sold young, often underage, girls for the pleasure of others. In the same way roman catholic priests abused young boys, and sometimes girls and were protected and hidden by their "christian" church. The catholic church has been made to give some compensation for these crimes. This has not occurred in Rotherham and other places  with regard to the muslim abuses

Patriot

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 12:24:29 AM »
And of course in Rotherham it was young muslim men that abused,raped and sold young, often underage, girls for the pleasure of others. In the same way roman catholic priests abused young boys, and sometimes girls and were protected and hidden by their "christian" church. The catholic church has been made to give some compensation for these crimes. This has not occurred in Rotherham and other places  with regard to the muslim abuses

Off topic: If you want to know the full story of the CSE scandal in Rotherham let me know and I'll start a new thread.
Don't be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.

ironside

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2018, 10:17:55 AM »
I do Patriot

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 10:58:13 AM »
 I think I can go back to about 1951 princess road varna road was the place to live it was full of big houses and some still had servants or shall we call them living in staff ladies of the night was about but not on this side of b/heath in fact we did not know much about them then the folk in  the big houses decided to move out  and move to smaller houses  and slowly they got sold off folk from over seas found away of buying the houses and then turned them in to lets so it was nothing to have 20 folk living and renting rooms in one house each paid about £2 per room per week so a  lot of money was to be made and that's when ladies of the night moved in big time and that's when it was known has the red light now it was the young men from over seas that was using the ladies of the night  the ones that did not bring there wives or had not got a wife then the leaches moved in the pimps living off the girls taking there money  and so it went on by the beginning of the 60s it become a dump not a nice place to go young girls kept away from the place unless they come to make money  and so it went on

frederick

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 12:26:32 PM »
Out on the town with a mate early 60s we met a couple of girl at one of the night spots. Girls didn't have cars in those days but I had a car, so we went back to my empty house my parents were at the caravan at Stourport.     8)     Anyway we had a bit of fun.    ;)    So it was time to take them home we stopped at that fast food van on the right on the Moseley Rd at the top of Highgate Rd had something to eat then carried on to drop the girls off it was in Varner Rd.    ??? .    :o      Didn't see them again.     :)
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 12:45:22 PM »
Fred

If the two girls were from up north then the chances are they were working girls, at that time most of the working girls around the Balsall Heath area came from places like Leeds and Bradford and they all lived in cheap bed-sits that abounded in areas like the three roads on the border of Edgbaston that have been mentioned.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2018, 12:58:14 PM »

fred I know the hot dog stand well

but apart from that the working girls are human beings they have the same rights has any other person on the street if they will to sell them selves or give away free its there choice I would never look down on them they was always good to me when I was a kid the only ones that I'm not happy with is the ones that are on hard drugs who use there body's to get the money for there next fix   but going back to the late 50 and 60s that was not the case they done it to pay there way the only way they new best

Scipio

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2018, 07:36:54 PM »

Out on the town with a mate early 60s we met a couple of girl at one of the night spots. Girls didn't have cars in those days but I had a car, so we went back to my empty house my parents were at the caravan at Stourport.     8)     Anyway we had a bit of fun.    ;)    So it was time to take them home we stopped at that fast food van on the right on the Moseley Rd at the top of Highgate Rd had something to eat then carried on to drop the girls off it was in Varner Rd.    ??? .    :o      Didn't see them again.     :)

So Frederick you and your mate had the experience of ladies of the night .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

frederick

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 09:54:28 AM »
Scipio,
They were two nice looking girls tiedely dressed any young stud would have chatted them up, and we did.    8)    When driving way from where we dropped them off      :o    That's one to tell our mate about. No we didn't see them again.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy