Author Topic: How safe is your area?  (Read 20296 times)

Yunalookalike

Re: How safe is your area?
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 12:43:42 AM »
I live near Basall Heath, and that area is rather scary at night.  And in the daytime.:(

john2000

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 08:18:53 AM »
Hi"Yun ( it shorter to write) if I write your full name , I'll drop dead with old age, ha,
Many of us here on the fourm used to live in Balsall Heath, sad to say, it has gone down hill, it was bad thern we were kids, and we where all close to each other, and because we where all in the same boat we would help each other,but today , well its unbeleave able, true we had a lot of ladies of the night, in the area, but we never had any problems with them or their clients, we had a lot of fun in them days/nights, and there where a lot of pubs, ( we would all come home [censored] as rats), thank god for the tramlines.... some of us would go to the posh coffee bars, up in Mosley village, and now that is on par to Balsall Heath,  but enjoy your area, because it will change forever and you will have only memories,
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Yunalookalike

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 12:17:35 AM »
I use this name on a lot of sites, and most people shorten it to Yuna or Yunie.

I did hear that the area used to have a lot of prostitutes, but that was when I was tiny, and I have no memories of that.  I've been curb-crawled though.  Scary.  Teenage girls should not walk around Basall Heath alone even if they have to to get to places.  Like the Library.

ACE

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 02:38:35 PM »
Answers to your questions:

1. No
2. Yes
3. No

rdogs

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 08:47:09 PM »
Hi All,

I was born in Birmingham in the early 70's and I lived there up until 1981 when my parents and I moved to Ireland.  We used to live in Wylde Green but moved to Alum Rock in the mid 70's until we left for Ireland in 81.  I was only a kid back then but I remember that the area was starting to change.  We used to live on Alderson Road in Alum Rock.  I hear Alum Rock is a rough place now, but I'd like to go back and show my wife where I grew up.
Is it safe to walk there during the day?  I can imagine it's not safe at night anymore.

Jacqueline

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 01:18:29 AM »
If i go out at night it's in the car with my hubby. NO PROBLEMS. :)

Yet i do worry about my daughters who are in their 20's.

As for burglary. I have experienced it once many years ago ..well about 18 years. I returned from holiday to find my house ramsacked. I then lived in Kings Heath.

I was not aware at first but i had disturbed the burglers [it was 2am in the morning]. My hi-fi had gone along with most of my kids toys. The three piece suite was stacked up by the back door ready to go.

What totaly pis**d me off was that they took a box of photo's of my kids as babies which i can never replace.

Yes they were caught when one tried to use my chequbook [was the 80's] They got a slap on the hands. BRITAIN HAS GONE MAD.

pat11

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 07:06:40 PM »
It was no more safer years ago.  Remember the teddy boys with knuckle dusters!
Kindness is the best feature

frederick

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2016, 10:32:35 AM »
Is escape to the country the answer, less people less problems.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2016, 11:05:58 AM »
Is escape to the country the answer, less people less problems.

no fred its not what happens is crooks come from the towns and they look  for homes that are out of the way   knowing full well if you have got a decent size home you must have a few bob now you have to have cctv  and the best thing to do is make easy to spot  they see the cctv and most will back off  and the other thing you need is good out side lighting  so if they come with 30 foot of your home the place lights up but the down side to that is you get wild life setting the light on
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

frederick

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2016, 11:58:37 AM »
The thing is because it is a safer place your house and car insurance is lower than bigger towns and the like.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »
Your car insurance is decided on my the number of car thefts and accidents reported in the area, property insurance is decided by the history of the area raking into account such factors as floods, earthquakes, landslip, and crime. So living out on the sticks does not guarantee cheaper insurance. Though I will admit that Birmingham seems to be at the top of both lists.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy