Author Topic: How safe is your area?  (Read 20290 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: How safe is your area?
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2016, 12:57:41 PM »
hi phil now you saying about car and house insurance my car and house insurance is lower hear but in a report on tv the other night it was saying about car insurance and it said some parts of Birmingham has the biggest rate of drivers with no car insurance ill not name them but just say in was the inner city  its not just 100s its 1000s  it even beats London  its ok till one of them runs in to you and they have no insurance come the next time you go to get  insurance you find you end up paying
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 01:32:38 PM »
Roy

From what I read Bordesley Green B9 has the highest car insurance rates in the country, check on you postcode here

http://www.motorcarinsuranceuk.co.uk/post-code-ratings.php
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2016, 01:55:12 PM »
one thing for sure phil if they have no insurance they will have no road tax  and you can bet your life a lot have no driving licence  they seem to go hand in hand
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

GardenGerald

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2016, 03:18:42 PM »
Hello Everyone
I do think you are right Roy.
I also think you have to have your eyes wide open when you deide to look at the old end. My wife and I have had a few bad experiences. A few weeks ago someone on this forum thought I was mad because I said Small Heath Park could be dangerous. They would not say that if they had been approached by a gang all tooled up looking for trouble. They may have thought a couple of pensioners were easy pickings, Sparkhill, Ladypool Road and Perry Barr are also dodgy.
I used to live in Water Orton. One evening a person travelled up from London to rob the little village shop run by a pensioner. Gilbert Rhodes refused to hand over the till so got blasted with a 12 bore. He spent many months in hospital and was never the same when he came out.
The country side can be as dangerous as a big town.
The difference Fred I think is that you may know the local policeman plus in Pembrokeshire on every shift we do have armed policemen. If I phond the police because I thought something was not quite right we would normally get the dog van out and the dog would be sent to 'Find'
I think when you live out in the sticks we all rely on each other. People would find it strange but we sometimes see the motor bike patrol officer sitting on the grass having his cheese sandwich at lunch time.
WE NEED MORE POLICE NOT LESS
Gerald.

townie

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2016, 03:38:54 PM »
Gerald have your say but you wont get anywhere. Some people have not been around theses areas for years and the only knowledge they have is to read the newspapers. O0
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 04:02:07 PM »
Anywhere in the world can be dangerous depending on the circumstances also your own personal feelings can have a lot to do with the way you judge a situation. If you go anywhere with the thought in your head that you are entering a dangerous place then every little thing will leap out at you as a possible danger. It's interesting to see that the Small Heath area including the park is classed as a low crime area.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

GardenGerald

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 04:26:51 PM »
Hello Phil
I do not agree with some of your coments.
As an adult you look at a situation and if someone is telling you to go away and waving a knife at you, its dangerous. I never go anywhere thinking it will be dangerous, its only dangerous when you do see something that is dangerous. Maybe Small Heath is classed as a low crime area but crimes are taking place on a daily basis and what is it judged against. I live in a world of fact not make believe.
Birmingham and the Midlands seem to have a lot of murders put perhaps the reporters have got it wrong.
I hope you never get confronted by someone with a knife.
Gerald.

Abt

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 05:11:38 PM »
Well I live in Chelmsley Wood , you know, that hotbed of crime , I have lived here for 48 years, never been mugged, robbed, except for garden shed donkeys years ago,Never had the car nicked.
It has crime where doesn't , perhaps I am a little bit more aware of some situations in our area but that is the heightened  fear that comes with being old.
Perhaps the other  reason may be that after almost 50 years here I have known all the local  miscreants since they were born,lol.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2016, 05:14:35 PM »
Gerald

In my life I have been stabbed, held at gunpoint and robbed on another occasion knocked to the ground from behind and mugged. Only one of these crimes were committed against my person in Birmingham. In my younger life I travelled around England and lived in many of the major cities for short spans of time. One thing I learnt early in  life that even though I thought Birmingham was a rough city that it was like a nursery playground when compared to some other city's.

Another thing I learnt was people who move away from a city even those who have moved for circumstances beyond their control think it is their place in life to now badmouth the city where they were born.

As for the crime figures for small heath I quoted they come from the police figures for reported crimes (all crimes) in the West Midlands and I would imagine are rated in comparison to the rest of the West Midlands.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2016, 05:27:14 PM »
Gerald there's a person on this forum who has openly admitted he would walk anywhere in Birmingham night or day. I think he must eat blue smarties. ;D I did offer to accompany him at one time, but that was the last I heard of it. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

GardenGerald

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2016, 05:32:51 PM »
Hello Phil
I would never badmouth Birmingham. That is the place of my birth. I feel very sad that so much has changed, but I am proud to say I am a Brummie.
Perhaps you have not read my other postings, if you had you would see the proper picture of me. Sadly Birmingham is the only place I have encountered violence and like you I have been all over Britain and into very rough areas. Perhaps its the luck of the draw. I once had a chat with Mad Frankie Fraser and he said that with a bit of help I could become like him. I turned down the offer.
Take care
Gerald.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy