Author Topic: How safe is your area?  (Read 20295 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: How safe is your area?
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2016, 11:51:22 PM »
It's odd isn't it that the 5 most crime ridden areas of the UK in the 12 months up to January of this year were Cleveland, London, West Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, and Humberside in that order. The crimes this survey was based on were Victim based crimes such as violence against the person, theft, sexual offences, robbery, criminal damage and arson.

Yet when asked where people thought the most crime ridden areas of the UK were,  people listed Bradford, Birmingham, London, Glasgow, Manchester in that order.

It just shows how much of a bad reputation Birmingham has got and for little cause, by the way Fred violent crime in Wales has increased by over 18% in the last 12 months, with the highest increase being in South Wales. It doesn't sound too good for South Wales does it?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2016, 10:11:51 AM »
Yes our country is in a very bad shape.      :(       :o       Through a change of business move. I have been living in a low crime, noise,pollution less population and safer area probable because it only as one road into the area........and less conjunctivitis as the predominantly West wind blows the pollen inland.     O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

davesd1

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2016, 10:55:08 AM »
First time I experienced  the effects of burglary was back in '81.I had to leave Brum to catch a flight from Manchester and this was in the days when insurance companies would make fortnightly collections from your door.
I had recently bought a video recorder and had lent it to a mate for a couple of weeks as I didn't want to leave it in an empty house.
I'd left around 1pm and forgotten the insurance bloke was due that week who used to call around 5.
Anyway,came back and a neighbour informed me I been broken into and it happened to be the day I left.The only item taken was a portable TV but I guessed what they were after.
When I contacted the insurance company,the agent had told me that the day in question a woman answered the door and said to him "Dave's popped out,can you call back in half an hour"and their was also a bloke standing in the kitchen.
They were obviously my uninvited guests but I never found out who they were, but did have suspicions.Insurance paid out no problem as the agent was my witness.       

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2016, 11:51:45 AM »
davesd1

Obviously your visitors knew you and were aware that you were away. Hence their knowing your name at feeling at ease answering your door. 
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

davesd1

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2016, 12:36:48 PM »
I know Phil,i was convinced it was a mates parents.Not long after,their was an incident involving a licenced premises which had connections with one of the people who had visited me.
Strange one,a window was broken to gain entry,but the police couldn't understand why the glass was on the outside. ???     

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2016, 02:03:03 PM »
Dave

The moral being never tell anybody you are going away except people you can trust. Don't have daily deliveries to the door because when you cancel them because you go away a line of people learn that your house is empty and they also know until when.

Other things you can do is fit a burglar alarm that dials a recorded number of your choice and lets them know your house has been broken into. You could get a member of your family or a friend to housesit. You could even fit secret security cameras do at least there would be a chance of catching the culprits even if it was after the event.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

GardenGerald

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2016, 03:13:47 PM »
Afternoon Phil
Pembrokeshire is going downhill very fast. In the last couple of years I remember the following crimes.
Haverfordwest   Murder
Narberth   Murder
Tenby  Murder......This murder caused my family a lot of distress. My Son and Daughter in Law were in Tenby window shopping when a male said to my daughter in law 'I,m going to drag you into that shop and up the stairs onto the roof. Then I will throw you off the roof'
My Son like Dad 6 ft tall not fat but well built held onto to the male until the Police arrived. The person was given a caution. Just weeks later a male walked into a fish and chip shop covered in blood. The staff got the police round who took the male away. He is now serving 26 years for murder. That is the male that threatened my Daughter in Law.
HaverfordWest....Serious wounding.
Haverfordwest....Arson at Premier Inn
Pembrokeshire.....Mass Murder   4 People Dead
Theft of Diesel, farm trailers, livestock on the increase.
Ourselves....Theft of trays of plants....We now have a 10 camera system.
Take care
Gerald.

gnc

« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2016, 10:44:26 AM »
tony martin, made the mistake of not covering his tracks,  he lived on a farm so there should be no problems there.
 councils around here ( lincolnshire ) seem more interested in  careing for the travellers than the locals.  last time i walked around at night in brum was in the 80s  wylde green to erdington, ok then but still kept aware.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2018, 01:57:14 PM »
I read an article in today's  Birmingham Mail, that says although Birmingham has a serious issue with gang and drug related violence it is according to new figures released today the safest major city in the UK. The ratings are as following.

1. Birmingham
2. Sheffield
3. Leeds,
4. Liverpool
5. Bristol
6. Nottingham
7. Newcastle
8. Manchester

One thing of note in the top eight, only Bristol is not in the midlands or the north.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2018, 02:23:36 PM »
Do you honestly believe these surveys Phil.Thousands of them are wrong.Aswell as forecasts.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Spud

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2018, 11:01:21 AM »
A neighbour got up to find his car had been stolen they had broken into his house searched and found his keys and bingo helped themselves to a VW Golf GTI. The finger of suspicion seems to be 'Travellers' a Fun Fair has been resident a couple of miles away for a while.
Just read that a 19 month Toddler was killed last Friday when a van struck him near Sarehole Mill . A man and Women have been arrested
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy