Author Topic: The Holmes, Garrison Lane  (Read 21845 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: The Holmes, Garrison Lane
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 11:34:19 AM »
Peter

We all have to learn and there is nobody better to learn from about modern technology that your children. I introduced my son to computers in the 80's, lucky that I did because the advancements passed me by years ago and now he has to instruct me.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

peter round

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 12:08:18 PM »
Peter

We all have to learn and there is nobody better to learn from about modern technology that your children. I introduced my son to computers in the 80's, lucky that I did because the advancements passed me by years ago and now he has to instruct me.
Phil. My children love hear about garrison lane. My late father-in-law love the royal George he used stand out side waiting for them to open.Good old days. Did you live at the top end of garrison lane or the bottom end.

Peter

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 01:18:16 PM »
Peter

I never lived in Garrison Lane at All though I did live for a short while in Gray Street with my sister near the bottom of Garrison Lane and would drink sometimes in The George but mostly the Acorn.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »
Hi Phil. sorry I never got back to you straight way, thank you for the advice. I had to wait for my son to tell me what I got to do. Has I'm learning about computer's, now I know what to do. All I know was about reply.
All the best
Peter

If in doubt about what your post will look like, use the 'Preview' button first, then amend if necessary. O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

peter round

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 01:49:08 PM »
Peter

I never lived in Garrison Lane at All though I did live for a short while in Gray Street with my sister near the bottom of Garrison Lane and would drink sometimes in The George but mostly the Acorn.
I'm sorry about that Phil, some how I got it mixed up I don't know. From the age of twelve went swimming in the cut down by the locks top of Garrison Street. If it's nice day you will see loads kids down there. From Garrison Lane school, I went to Tilton Rd school in 1947, then from 1949 I went on to Ada Rd school till I left in 1953.My mom and my granny Peg used the Acorn pub when granny Peg had few on a Saturday night I had go fetch her and push her up Garrison Lane in old wheel chair I had to push her up the hill to West-holme. There's a photo of the Acorn pub on my face book page.

Peter 

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2016, 02:02:25 PM »
Hi Peter

Sorry I don't use Facebook, but you will find several photos of Garrison Lane on the forum including the Acorn and some of the other pubs. Try typing Garrison Lane into the search box at the top right of the page.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

peter round

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 10:19:44 AM »
Hi Peter

Sorry I don't use Facebook, but you will find several photos of Garrison Lane on the forum including the Acorn and some of the other pubs. Try typing Garrison Lane into the search box at the top right of the page.
Hi Phil. Thanks for the information, I have found what I have been looking for. The pubs in Jamaica Row by the old fruit market, I used work in the wholesale fruit market from 1953 to 1958. Done my national service,came out in 1960 went back in the market till 1964 then I got a stall in the bull ring there I stop till I retied 1995.
Pete.   

colin walker

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2016, 08:47:33 PM »
match day . also none match day

peter round

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2016, 07:10:53 AM »
match day . also none match day
Hi Colin.
Thanks for the photo, it's what I have been looking for.
Did you  live round Garrison Lane or round about.
It's nice to see old photo's.
I was born in the flats, in 1938. My mother move in the flats in 1933.
All the best
Peter

colin walker

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2016, 10:28:42 AM »
I lived up the hill on the junction of tilt on and cattlel roads. But I did attend Tilton road school for few years

peter round

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2016, 12:08:05 PM »
I lived up the hill on the junction of tilt on and cattlel roads. But I did attend Tilton road school for few years
I went to Tilton Rd school in 1947 from Garrison Lane school something went on at the Garrison Lane school mother's came took us out the school. I stay at Tilton Rd school till 1949 then I went on to Ada Rd school.You might know mate of mind who live half way up Tilton Rd before you get to the out door.His name is David Kettle.he also went Tilton Rd school then he went on to Marlbrough RD school in 1949.

Peter

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy