Author Topic: old bus station  (Read 10180 times)

kingshaney

Re: old bus station
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2018, 04:32:43 PM »
I know this is a old post but be just joined , those pics of the old bus station has brought back some happy memories those heddy heddy Saturday's when my mates and I used to catch the Midland Red 116 from Kingsbury to Birmingham city centre , get off straight to uk barbers for a hair cut , then to a cafe in the bullring clothes shopping ,McDonald's by the ramp , annoy the hare kristna's get bored doing that more shopping and catch the bus home .

So can anyone tell me what's there now instead of the bus station .

Scipio

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2018, 06:34:40 PM »
I know this is a old post but be just joined , those pics of the old bus station has brought back some happy memories those heddy heddy Saturday's when my mates and I used to catch the Midland Red 116 from Kingsbury to Birmingham city centre , get off straight to uk barbers for a hair cut , then to a cafe in the bullring clothes shopping ,McDonald's by the ramp , annoy the hare kristna's get bored doing that more shopping and catch the bus home .

Welcome to the forum , sounds as though you had a great day out .

JudithM

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2018, 01:25:08 PM »

I remember the Hare Krishna's - they used to head along New Street with tambourines & singing.  Can't remember when I saw them last.

Part of the bus station is under the new John Lewis store, I think they use it as their loading bay.  The other half was demolished to make way for the new Bull Ring & Debenhams.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Scipio

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2018, 10:10:19 PM »
I remember the Hare Krishna's - they used to head along New Street with tambourines & singing.  Can't remember when I saw them last.

Part of the bus station is under the new John Lewis store, I think they use it as their loading bay.  The other half was demolished to make way for the new Bull Ring & Debenhams.

I remember them also Judith from the late 60's in New St, simple people enjoying their religion with a bit of singing and the playing of 
their simple instruments . Looking back to those far off days , I think they were probably a lot happier than most of the people in Brum if not Britain , they never had deadlines for time to be at work/finish , mortgages etc .

countrylad

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2018, 10:26:15 PM »
So true Scipio. It must be great to be of the mindset to live life in this way. I'd always be worried about how I'd pay the next bill. It would be interesting to know where some f those folks ended up today
countrylad

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2018, 11:07:41 AM »
C L probably on Bham City council

andy21a

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2018, 11:55:08 AM »
C L probably on Bham City council

A real 'lol' moment  ;D

countrylad