Author Topic: Owen Street-- Bath Row  (Read 24362 times)

marshey

Re: Owen Street-- Bath Row
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 08:22:32 PM »
p.s.  The houses left standing in Lee Crescent are listed buildings which explains why they are still there. 

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »
Marshy

Sorry none of those names are familiar to me, as I lived a little further afield down in Balsall Heath and later in Nechells.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 08:24:08 PM »
Marshy

Yes I assumed the houses in Lee Crescent were listed, but why not those on Lee Mount?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Maureen marlowe

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 11:12:59 PM »
We lived at number 4 Lee Mount and we were re-housed to Shard End in 1952, when they demolished Lee Mount.  I had just 6 months to do before I left school (St Thomas`s).  I`m Margaret by the way, my brother John was 4 years older, now sadly passed away, and my sister Barbara is 2 years younger than me.  My best friend, Beryl Glenn lived in Lee Crescent, another friend, Brenda Castle in Bell Barn Road.  Do these names ring any bells?
The houses left standing in Lee Crescent are listed buildings which explains why they are still there.
i

Hi my name is maureen Marlowe.my maiden name was Challice I lived in Owen st 2/36   And went to st Thomas ,s school  then lee mason  I'm 66  I loved it down there I was eleven when my mom and dad got the house in Owen st.   My friends at that time were Delia bowman  and  Joyce newly  and jackleen Bolton I often wonder what happend to everyone good old times

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 10:36:59 AM »
Hi Maureen,

Welcome to the forum, were you any relation to Don Marlowe? Here are a few photos of Owen Street to remind you of those days and friends that you miss.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

ChrissieQ

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 05:28:58 PM »
Hi,anyone hail from this area of Birmingham 15

Hi I was born in Cregoe Street in 1951, and I and my brother David and sister Pauline went to St.Thomas's Infant school. I thought it was a wonderful school and was very Happy there. We lived at No.9. Grandad and Nan lived at No.8 and my Great aunt Clara and her husband Jack lived at No.7, quite a family affair.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 08:58:38 PM »
Hi ChrissieQ

Was this the St Thomas's that you went to, or was it the one that replaced it, I've added a few photos of Cregoe Street that you might remember. I'll see if I can find some more.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

marshey

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 10:25:52 PM »
Love the photo of St Thomas`s, thats the one I went to, 1948 - 1952, last teacher, Mr Walker, Headmaster Mr Bate-Jones 

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 10:30:33 PM »
Hi Marshy

Sorry I didn't know either school, but I believe this was the replacement.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

ChrissieQ

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 02:24:42 AM »
Hi Phil, thank you for the picture of St.Thomas's, yes that's the old school which stood opposite the church. It's nice to see it again. They built part of the brewery there after it was demolished. I wonder if anyone remembers seeing the bottles on a conveyor belt being filled through the windows of the factory, and the old accident hospital, which I attended a few times to be stitched up after accidents. We used to play on what we called the bombed buildings. We didn't have a lot, but by were we happy!

Rich1064

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 10:03:44 PM »
Hi all, just found out about this awesome website.

My family moved to Dorking Grove in the newly developed Lee Bank from Balsall Heath in 1963. I went to St Thomas's Infant School on Granville St/Bath Row and then in 1967 my Junior School years began in the newly built St Thomas's on Cregoe St so the 2 photos above have brought back very fond memories. My senior years were spent at Lea Mason School on Bell Barn Road.

The area has since had a major redevelopment so many of the places I grew up around have now been demolished, finding photos like these on here are great for trips down memory lane. Thank you.  Rich

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy