Author Topic: Birmingham Trams  (Read 62811 times)

townie

Re: Birmingham Trams
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2014, 12:57:28 PM »

townie...

From the info found and given, the # 28 didn't go via Saltley. Please see the 28 route on previous page.  There must have been another bus that did the route to town via Saltly,  as well as the trams.
                                                                                                  Malc.

I stand corrected. I have no idea then.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

cocacolakid

« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2014, 01:08:14 PM »

I stand corrected. I have no idea then.

No problem, we may get to the bottom of it, sooner or later.

Malc.

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

planetmalc

« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2014, 05:23:50 PM »
Is it possible that initially you used to go on the #28, but made visits back to Hodge Hill later on to visit old friends & neighbours, by which time the #56 via Saltley had started up?
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

cocacolakid

« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2014, 05:59:12 PM »
Is it possible that initially you used to go on the #28, but made visits back to Hodge Hill later on to visit old friends & neighbours, by which time the #56 via Saltley had started up?

Malc..

We did go back a couple of times, but we would not have gone back via town to Balsall heath. I remember going into town when I was as young as 3. I am sure we would not have gone on the #28 that route was a long journey and I was a bad traveler on buses, always had to take Kwells before the shortest journey or I would be sick. As I stated, the condutor shouting out "The Gate" has always stayed in my mind, and that was at Saltley, I know we did go by tram, I loved them and always wanted to go on them, but I know my mother was not keen because of the hard wooden seats so I can only assume there was another bus from Castle Brom to town.  Any sugestions welcome.  Thanks for yours Malc.

Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2014, 06:06:34 PM »
Did I ask this question before, could it have been a Midland Red because I'm sure there was one on that route although I have no idea of the number.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »
Did I ask this question before, could it have been a Midland Red because I'm sure there was one on that route although I have no idea of the number.

Phil...

I don't think it was a Midland Red, because we could see over to the Chester Rd from my bedroom window, so was able to see the yellow and blue bus coming down from Pype Hayes direction, we saw it early enough to be able to get to the Colsehill Rd & catch it. I feel sure the Reds did not come down that way?  I think they went down the lane past Castle Bromwich Hall, on the route to Water Orton & Colsehill.
                                                                                        Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2014, 09:31:56 PM »
malc

I'll try to find out some further information, but I will say that the 28 would have been coming from that direction.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2014, 10:24:28 AM »
malc

I'll try to find out some further information, but I will say that the 28 would have been coming from that direction.

Phill...

Cheers.   O0 O0 O0                                                           Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »
Malc

It looks as if pre 1950 the only BCT bus that took you to Castle Bromwich was the number 28. Though a gentleman called Terry from another site reliably informs me that he regularly used the 161 Midland Red service that ran from the city to Coleshill via Saltley Washwood Heath and Castle Bromwich.

If I get any further information I'll add it here.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2014, 11:27:20 AM »
Malc

It looks as if pre 1950 the only BCT bus that took you to Castle Bromwich was the number 28. Though a gentleman called Terry from another site reliably informs me that he regularly used the 161 Midland Red service that ran from the city to Coleshill via Saltley Washwood Heath and Castle Bromwich.

If I get any further information I'll add it here.

Phil...

It looks like I have mixed memories of the bus journeys from Castle Bromwich. Maybe it was the # 28 bus when we went to the Fox & Goose, and the Midland Red when we went to town via Saltley. Despite my thoughts, I could not have gone on a BCT bus that did not exist at the time, which up to now seems to be the case. If info to the cotrary turns up I would be pleased to hear of it. If nothing else, the subject as created some responses, thanks.
                                                                                                    Malc.

cocacolakid

« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2014, 10:19:11 AM »
Found this pic of tram at Pype Hayes..

Malc.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy