Author Topic: " The Louvre" Birmingham ?  (Read 1346 times)

gkirkwood

" The Louvre" Birmingham ?
« on: July 02, 2007, 02:13:35 PM »
Hello all,

I'm looking for someone called J.H. Meacock, who's contact address is given as "The Louvre" in Birmingham.

I got this from a ships passenger list dated Dec.30 1922. This person was given as the next of kin (Cousin) to my Grt Grandfather. His name was Robert Kirkwood.

Any info on "J.H Meacock" or "The Louvre" would be much appreciated. I have tried several Goggle searches to no avail.

Many thanks,
Glynis.

john2000

Re: " The Louvre" Birmingham ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 03:00:50 PM »
Glynis, thats a hard one, most of Birmingham was a museum till they pulled it all down, but take care, the name "the Louvre" can be misleading, but you never know, we do have a memeber who hot on this sort of thing, so maybe she can help you, just keep watching the forum, and maybe, something will turn up... 8)
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

gkirkwood

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 06:23:27 PM »
Thanks for replying John2000,

I've been searching for almost a year for information about my Grt.Grandfather (Robert Kirkwood), I found the ships passenger list only the other day. He is an elusive chap, so it comes as no surprise that the one piece of information I have found may be a dead end.

I've never been one to give up a challege though, so I'll keep digging.

Thanks again,

Glynis. :)

john2000

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 08:27:07 PM »
You'll find a lot of them, but just put them to one side and when you cant go any further look back at what you've got, thats what I did, and when miss hot stuff found all the info for me, a lot of it was what I had but couldn't put it together but she did, but remember, it will be like opening Pandora's box,
Maybe your Mr Kirkwood, did'nt want tobe found,  8), so just go for it, and you never know, you may find him yet...... ;)
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional