Author Topic: Brum Ghosts....??????  (Read 41748 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Brum Ghosts....??????
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 03:39:46 PM »
hi Duffy i like to think that my mind is open and may be some folk do see odd things and may be if you go looking(they hid) you do not see what your expecting to see but you miss what is there i would like to see it in black and white and see it for my self and let me look at all the things it could be until i hit a blank then i would be happy

is there ghosts i do not know for sure but i think i seen one stone wall recorder could well be  door way to a different time could be the truth of the matter is no one knows for sure what the odd things we see are until they find out just keep an open mind its a bit like space men some say they have seen them some think they are off there tree
just show me proof then i will be happy and i put this out find a place thats got odd things(ghosts) and ill hold your hand and spend the night or day with you
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

john2000

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 08:55:44 PM »
Oh, Roy-ben, and to think Nick did'nt even know you cared, :2funny:
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Duffy

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 07:30:17 AM »
John2000 - I see a wedding on the horizon!! ;D ;D ;D

Roy Ben isn't wrong though - if I did actually (eventually!!) see a ghost, I don't think all of the hand holding in the world is going to help me!?!?!  Being keenly interested in ghosts all of my life, I've also had something of a strong 'fear' of them too.......  I don't mind admitting that this has continued into my adult years - although it has lessened to a fair degree with time.

Having said that, I was walking through a pitch black corridor in a medieval manor house a few weeks ago by myself.......  My thoughts at the time were on the equipment I'd just left recording in a particular room, when I instantly became aware of my current location and status and suddenly thought to myself: "What the hell are you doing strolling through here by yourself, you fool.....???"  It didn't really matter much though as, if a ghost had stepped out in front of me, the rest of the group would have been able to follow my screams and come and rescue me!!!

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 09:40:13 AM »
we fear what we do not understand and we fear the dark and we each can  put fear in to the minds of folk i know fear i know it well you can run with fear until you find out youve got a hole in your leg and your away from the danger some folk hate spiders hate or fear not sure some folk fear the out side and some the inside i do not fear to die i fear how ill die and i think ill go with john when he says dead is dead until i know better iv been told that there are some kind of ghost that can and do move things about  the thing is do they move and is it ghost that do it   if things do move about could it not be some ones mind like a child's say that's moving things about im told that the mind can do all sorts of things the child under the front of a lorry and the mother picked it up some times my minds goes in to auto when im driving i find my self stopped at a red light or at a crossing its a good tool the brain idd love to be able to use more of mine

john2000

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »
Fear, now thats a funny thing, we've all had it at some time or other, ( depending where you where and what you where doing ), but fear can really get at you, fear of rats, or dogs, or snakes, but with snakes you can look at the mouth, and if there are two scales above the mouth, then its not poisonous, but if there is only one scale, then it is poisonous, ( mind you, if you're that close to the snake to see the scales its already too late,) there has been times when I was scared .hitless, .
fear is not knowing, or not knowing what you're looking at turns into fear, its only a fool that doesn't know fear,.
So next time something goes bump in the night, ( send the misses out to have a look) ;D.  knowledge is the master of fear, when you gain knowledge, you loose fear, its the same for scorpions, if/when you see one, look at the pincers, if they are large thick pincers, ( the sting will make you very sick, but you wont die ), but the scorpion with the small pincers, take care, they can kill you, ..... you see, when you know theses things, fear turns into be "carefull with that, mode " and not running out the room screaming.

I was in a hot country, and I had my photo taken with a snake around my neck, ( no problem), the thing that got me, was the guy taking the photo, then put his turban on my head, dirty thing, bloody hell, I went home and washed my hair 4-5 times before I felt clean again... that was fear,  :idiot2::o.
So knowledge is the key to fight fear......John 2000.

john2000

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »
Nick, I was working overseas, and was in Gabon, you want to know about ghosts, the jungles full of em,( lets call them spirits,) the locals believe that when you die, you go and live in the bush, almost every one has seen a spirit, and some times they leave food for them, later they come back and the food has gone, ( you and I know it was taken by animals ( but the locals really believe the spirits had taken it,), one little guy had lost two of his children they went in to the bush and they never found them, it was put down to the spirits had taken them, ( naa, they had been taken by animals ) and then theres the Leopard people who live in a village under the river, and come out the river once a year, to take back with them people they find walking by the river, and on that day, no one, and I mean no one goes out into the bush on that day..
but there are some places in the bush that has an air of forboding about it, no wind, no animals, just the mists slowly moving through the jungle, and it does take on shapes that look human, and a lot of locals wont go there, but me not being a local, was there many times. and nothing happend to me, the mentally ill people never have any problems, every one keeps away from them, even the children wont taunt them ( like they do in many countries), they believe that the spirits of the dead have taken over their body which makes them like they are. .... food for thought. :o

Duffy

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 07:22:18 AM »
Regarding fear:  As mentioned in a previous post, I have to admit that it's my childhood fears of the supernatural that have spurred me on to study this subject so avidly in later life.  Fear affects everyone differently, of course - for example, a couple of the lads in my group are exceptionally 'jumpy' when it comes to allegedly haunted situations......  put them both together and - my god - you've never seen anything like it!!!  (It's given us a good few laughs on a cold, boring vigil, I can tell you!! ;D)

.....But still we sit there in supposedly haunted situations and, at the end of the day, (at a core level) 'hope to hell' that we're going to see something....  Pretty weird, if you really think about it...!?!?

John2000 - your time in Gabon sounds facinating..... though, with all of the spiders, snakes and wild animals around, I honestly don't think I'd have time to get worried about the local 'spirits'!!!  (Give me a ghost anytime to a spider matey!!!!  I own a snake, but I did go off picking it up when the bu**er bit me a while back.....  not venomous, of course, but it hurt non-the-less!!)

Needless to say, different cultures regard their 'supernatural' heitage differently.  Obviously, those in Gabon have a distinct respect for the 'spirits' around them, while - currently - here in England, pretty much everyone seems to want to have a ghost in their house or (since 'Most Haunted' came on our screens) run around trying to see ghosts!?!?

Best wishes to all,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

john2000

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »
Nick, in regards to spiders and snakes, and crawly things after a time you get used to them, most times they want to get away from you as quick as possible, there are many types of poisonous snakes, and few will attack you,  unless you corner them or step on them, they wont bother you, the only ones you have to look for are the green tree snake, which hangs down over a path and you don't see it until you about 2 ft from it, any closer and it will strike.
the only ones that will come looking for you is the black and green mambas, they are over 3mr ( 12 ft) long and when they strike you will have only 4 Min's to find help. so next time you see some guy with shorts on and a pair of light boots, and backpacking in the bush, he is either a expert or stupid, oh and by the way a mamba can move up to 40kph for a short time, you cant, its a race you wont win, ... Now thats  FEAR,  :o.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 12:49:19 PM »
 hi john do you remember  dr  roger Bannister he done the first 4 minute mile well a few years ago ill not say where i was but i come face to face with some one and i did the mile quicker than you can open a can iv got a big yellow line down my back now he was real ghosts if there is such a thing can they hurt you i dont think so you hurt your self when you leg it iv been across bramwoodend bone yard at 2am  i was to lazy to go round i must admit i did keep my eyes open just in case and a bit off putting and i did get a step on no lights if some thing had of come out and shouted booo i would have sh...t my self never did see or hear anything i say show me a ghost or something odd and i think you find it may be in our minds booooooo just may be

john2000

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 03:27:20 PM »
There was a guy who had cut across Lodge Hill cemetery one night coming from the pub, ( no he wasn't drunk,), anyway walking a long in the almost dark night, when he heard some tapping of a hammer, he could see some one doing some work on a head stone, all right mate he says to the guy working on the head stone, oh, Hi, yes sure, I'm ok, what are you working on there, the guy with the hammer says, oh its ok, they just spelt my name wrong.......... :2funny:.

john2000

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 04:05:12 PM »
Teacher in Class was talking about ghosts, "have any one seen a ghost", no one put their hand up, has anyone thought they have seen a ghost, again no one put their hand up, has any one ever had sex with a ghost.. a guy at the back puts his hand up, yes sir I have, you've had sex with a ghost the teacher asks,? oh, sorry I thought you said have you ever had sex with a goat.  :2funny:.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy