Author Topic: Brum Ghosts....??????  (Read 41745 times)

Duffy

Re: Brum Ghosts....??????
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 09:02:40 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion Kesh....

But I think I'll pass on that one.........

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 02:08:44 PM »
ghosts now are they just something in our minds is it our mind playing tricks or is there something going on that we do not know about or understand or can a building or a place be like a recorder and when things fall into place and it plays back a time thats long past or is it a doorway that opens now and then and the lucky ones are able to see in to anothere time just for a short time i think that dead is dead end of now folk that say they can chat to ghosts how come they can not give a full name or a time con men i think
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Duffy

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 03:00:53 PM »
Good query Roy......

I guess that ghosts - if there is such a thing - might actually 'manifest' purely in the mind of the witness....??  I've heard of a number of cases concerning multiple witness sightings, where each witness reports having seen something different.  Is this simply illustrating the unreliable nature of witness testimony - or did the witnesses actually all see something different (in their mind)??

Personally speaking, I subscribe to the 'Stone Tape Theory' - i.e that there is something in the very fabric of a place that allows it to record incidents at certain times.  Who knows, in 200 years time, someone might be walking past this very spot and see the image of an ugly, bald bloke bashing away at the keys of an antique computer!?!?  Now that would be scary!!!

Regards,

Nick

Jacqueline

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »
Nick, Going on from what Roy said.

I cannot come up with a good answere for my grandad telling me where my pocket money was on my previous post. I did think he might have told me while alive and i had forgotten. It was just the total sum of money being correct that threw me.

I strongly think that perhaps the life force stays around for a few days after death. Like an electrical or radio thing. I do not think i believe in ghosts long after death beacause if that was the truth we would be inundated with them.

However i do beleive in the power of the human mind which is stronger in an emergancy situation.

There was something i heared on a radio station of a bloke who went to a phone box and had to wait as a woman was on the phone. Seconds later the same woman was running to the phone because her hubby had had a heart attack. i.e the woman was so set on getting to the phone box that she appeared there.

Oh gosh am i getting too deep.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 05:46:30 PM »
Jacky some folk believe that they can leave there body and go off and do or see things around the other side of the world im not sure but i think that some one done some test on this kind of thing but i think it was a flop but i think that the main point of things is we must keep an open mind on things that we know nothing about un till some one can show in hard facts one way or orther i do belive that we use just a small part of our brain may be in time we will understand   i know that i have seen things that i did not understand and the more i think about it the more i find i do not undestand  thats becouse iv got a simple mind i like yes or no or black and white
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

john2000

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2007, 11:54:09 PM »
Ghosts,? what is it,? is it something see, feel, and yet cant put into our definition of what we think it is,? people see things that the mind cant comprehend, so like dreams it makes up things that we can understand, stories of people walking along a lane in minwinter, seeing a Monk walk past, yet the Monk leaves no footprints in the snow, or someone who is a vistor to a strange house and is going to the bathroom and see's something/someone walk across the hall way and into a wall, or a guy who had missed the last bus home, but when he gets to the where the bus turns round to go back, he see's a bus with all its lights on engine running and yet there is no one in the bus, not even a driver, and as the guy gets closer the image of the bus starts to fade into nothing, and the story of the guy who sits on a tram, the driver see's him get on the tram, and goes up stairs, the driver tells the conductor, you have a passenger up stairs, so the conductor goes upstairs, and find no one,
We all talk about the mind, but what is the mind,? we know it has something to do with the brain, but where is it really.? we've all heard the saying "oh his mind is playing tricks again", ? we know the brain is the power house for everything we do/say/think,
Could it be, that the mind is an independent host that stays with our body, and on death moves on.? ( the spirit,)  can the mind take on a form of some kind, maybe it is this what we see, or think we see.?
Have you ever walked into a room and thought there was some one else in the room with you, and yet you know you where alone in the room. have you ever had a flash back to some time long ago, yet you have never been there, like a woman in Yorkshire normal background, ( normal person), and yet she always kept thinking of a small house with a low roof, and flagstones on the floor that came from a church. she was put in a trance, and when she was asked questions about her past life, she answered in an old French dialog, that had not been spoken since the 1700, when she was in the trance she could tell you all about where she lived and life was then, they had some one who could understand the old French, ( a professor from a university ) who heard the name of a small Town in the North of France, The woman had never been out of England, so how did she know anything about France let alone speak a dialect, she was taken to France, and to the town that she had spoke about, and of course she didn't recognise anything, but when they crossed the river she said, I used to live along there just up by the weir, the weir wasn't there then, but I remember it well, to cut a long story short, they looked in the local archives and found that where the weir is now, there had been two peasant houses, which had been build using the stones from an old church.
Was her mind from some one who lived in another time ? what do you think,?

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

john2000

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 12:06:45 AM »
Roy-ben, personly, I think when youre dead, you are dead, when them lights go out thats it, we are just a lump of meat on a slab, we only live on in the minds of those that where close to us or knew us, and then after a time they die, so the memery of you dies with them also, sad, but thats life. :'(

john2000

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 12:17:05 AM »
Nick, I think if you want to see ghosts, look into the mind, your own for example, try and isolate a memory that you don't really understand, see where that leads you, :coolsmiley:.
I have two recalls one is I am a small brown skinned person, and I'm standing with some others like myself, and there is a guy dressed in black with a scull cap on, and I'm shouting "its not fair", .
The other is I'm cold very cold, and I am leaning against a rock face and there is snow everywhere, but I'm on this ledge and I'm so cold.
Maybe its from another life. ? who knows. :coolsmiley:,

Duffy

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 07:49:25 AM »
Jacqueline - I must admit that your type of experience obviously doesn't / couldn't fit into the 'Stone Tape' category.....  There is evidently a sentience behind the contact that you've received - something that a mere recording couldn't really convey (unless under some ultra-remarkable circumstances, I'd guess).  I have received a considerable number of reports concerning experiences such as yours that would indeed hint at some form of existence - sometimes albeit briefly - after human death......

Roy Ben - the US govenment allegedly spent decades and many millions (if not billions) in cash exploring the ability to 'travel to other places utilising the mind'.  (Mainly for 'spying' purposes during the cold war period).  The Russians had the same sort of programme too.  Personally speaking, I think such claims are utter rubbish...... It's just a pity it took the former mentioned super-powers so long to come to this conclusion before they closed down the projects concerned and wasted so much cash and time!! ;D :D

John2000 - oh it's no good 'looking into my mind' for anything these days mate..... there's nowt in there!!!  Seriously though, I'm happy to remain 'neutral' in research matters, as an objective viewpoint is the only way that you can constructively approach such a subject....

Ifear that you're right with your comments:  "I think when youre dead, you are dead, when them lights go out thats it, we are just a lump of meat on a slab".  However, I do hope that we're wrong!!!

Best wishes to all,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub

john2000

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 10:36:18 AM »
Nick, I think the stone tape theory, that you wrote about could be in place everywhere, ie, old houses and places like that, that would clear a lot of mysteries about a lot of things,.
The idea of spirits and ghosts floating around a room, frighting people, some people I think are attuned to vibrations ( not really the right word to use), anomalies, which some people see, and others don't, a recording of what went on in the past, could still vibrate in the house,ground or on a road, ( the bus that disappeared in front of the guys eyes), or the ringing of the steel tram lines when they where hit with a hammer, the sound of doors being slammed, and some one walking on a stone floor, some how etched themselves into the surrounding area,.

But there are so many theories about this, where does one start to Begin, ::) .
and as Roy-ben's Granny said, "there are dragons in the front room", she could be right,  :D.  .......John 2000. :o

Duffy

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 11:47:48 AM »
Evidently, the 'Stone Tape Theory' is just that at the end of the day - a theory.  Obviously, no one has the first notion of the actual mechanics behind such a train of thought, but it would seem to fit in with a lot of so called paranormal experiences.

Wit regards to being 'attuned' - I must say that this would certainly seem to be the case.  Looking at me, for example: I've been (seriously) investigating ghosts for around 20 years now and I've never seen one once!  Another member of the group - very reliable, I hasten to add - appears to see them everywhere, and even lives in a haunted house!!  I have to purposefully go looking for them, while others don't even have to leave their home!!!  (Of course, it could be argued that the act of purposefully 'looking for a ghost' could destroy the very atmosphere that is needed to actually see one....?  One of the key features that crops up in reports is the fact that the witness 'wasn't' thinking about ghosts when they saw one....  Food for thought there!!)

Regards,

Nick

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy