Author Topic: Brum Ghosts....??????  (Read 41744 times)

john2000

Re: Brum Ghosts....??????
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 03:03:59 PM »
Nick... I've just saw an interview with a guy called Michael Roll, ( a rationalist case for life after death, ), I was imprest about what he said, he also spoke about a guy called Adrian Berry, have a look on the net and see what you come up with, and if what he says is true, then.. there are ghosts, ( or it's life jim, but not as we know it,).  :-\.
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Duffy

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 03:25:15 PM »
Sorry John - I hadn't had a chance to spend any time on the forums over the past day or so and didn't notice what you'd said about Roll and Berry.

Regarding the interview that I've seen of Roll - I have to say that he really strikes me as one of those utter crack-pots who is just inventing conspiracy theories where there are none....  If he wasn't speaking on 'Life after Death' here, it would be something about the Government covering up evidence of contact with extra-terrestrials and so on......  Personally speaking, he's just parroting and mixing other peoples theories up in order to support something he happens to believe.  The notion of covering up the fact that there actually 'isn't any evidence' at all for something by claiming others are hiding or ignoring it is nothing new, of course.  He's not the first by far, and there will be someone else along in a couple of days time to say something else just as profound, revalatory and equally as rubbish.....

There is certainly no definitive evidence of Life After Death - nor is there a conspiracy by the scientific fraternity to ignore any such evidence either, I'm afraid.....

I found the use of the word rationalist here to be quite alien - as there is nothing at all rational about what Roll is saying.....  The notion of 'objectivity' and actually 'providing proof' (in place of simply 'saying' that proof exists) seems to evade him too, to be honest.....

Best wishes and cheers for bringing this to my notice,

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

john2000

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 09:20:50 PM »
Nick, Only just heard of the guy Roll, I was under the impresion that he knew what he was talking about, even mentioning that he/they had done an experiment and it had worked, ( normally you don't say that sort of thing on tv, if its not true.?), is he on the right road, or is it just a show,?? apparently its all down to phisices, which the mind ( spirit) has control, their spirit body can take on solid form,( he said), just imagine meeting your dead mother,father, and how it was when you where little, I'll be honest, I would be the first in line to meet my old mom, ( she died when I was 9 years old,),so I would have a lot to talk about. ::).  John 2000

Duffy

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007, 10:16:01 PM »
Dear John,

I don't know if you've ever watched 'Most Haunted', but they've literally made millions out of broadcasting utter lies and absolute rubbish on TV for years now.....  Have a quick look at mainstream, TV at the likes of Colin Fry, John Edwards, Derek Akorah, Mia Dolan and their ilk.....  they're all lying through their teeth on a daily basis and making a mint from it too mate.....

All Roll appears to be doing is re-hashing and re-publicising age old, anecdotal stuff and trying to portray it as if no one had ever heard about it before (because of a cover up).  It's evidently an attention seeking ploy where Roll sees himself as the hero who is trying to 'bring the truth' to the masses against the oppressive, scientific fraternity....  He's honestly saying nothing new in his 'revelations' regarding life after death.  You honestly wouldn't need to 'cover up' the sort of stuff he's talking about - it's been common knowledge for decades, but completely unproven....

Whatever the truth behind life after death and all the mysteries surrounding the paranormal realm - it's certainly not in the grasp of the likes of Roll.....

Cheers John,

Nick

john2000

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2007, 08:05:13 AM »
Thanks for the info Nick, Its not a path that I walk down very often, so I don't know much about it, but one day I'll know for sure, and if there is what they say there is, I'll come back and tell you, ( in a nice sort of way),  :o.    ;) John 2000.

Duffy

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2007, 12:13:02 PM »
Sobering thought John!!  I hope it's not for a good few decades yet mate - but I look forward to meeting you!!! ;) :laugh:

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

Jacqueline

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2007, 12:47:03 AM »
I still strongly beleive that strange sightings are in the minds of the living. We do not understand the true possibliites of the mind. Ok some sightings are hard to explain but surely many thoughts could be transmitted from one family member to another without realising it i.e could our dreams be infultrated from another possibly more active mind.

Oh gosh do i make sense or has the wine won? :P

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2007, 08:59:23 PM »
Jacky  you do make sense the mind is a strong tool and i do believe that some folk transmite what they are thinking some time on my way home in the past i think ill love fish and chips for dinner low and behold i get home and iv got fish and chips some time i think idd love a cupa the wife will say would you like a cupa call it what you will but theres something in it my dog i would think ill take him out next thing i know hes by my side tail going like mad
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Boomer

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 02:06:40 AM »
I too think the supernatural is both real and frightening.  I am loathe to dabble in anything that smacks of it.

From memory, I believe that CS Lewis begins his little book called Miracles with this story:  He says that he  knows only one person who ever claims to have seen a ghost.  The interesting thing, he adds, is that even after the incident that person does not believe in ghosts!  I suppose that indicates that seeing is not necessarily believing.
Live well; laugh often; love with all your heart.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 09:11:01 AM »
we do not  sometimes see what we think we see the mind will put things in place to make things fit
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

john2000

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 11:54:38 AM »
Boomer,   if you hear somthing go bump in the night, just send the wife to have a look,  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy