Author Topic: HMS Stirling Training Ship, Stechford..... Can Anyone Help???  (Read 1590 times)

Duffy

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to locate the old HMS Stirling Training Ship which supposedly stood in a Flaxley or Platsley Road in Stechford, Birmingham.

The building concerned may well have been demolished some while ago, but my lack of knowledge on the Stechford area is only overshadowed by my knowledge on the history of the town!!!

Any help / recollections concerning this site would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Langstraat

Re: HMS Stirling Training Ship, Stechford..... Can Anyone Help???
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 12:48:05 AM »
Glad to see you got a good response from BH for details about HMS Stirling
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

john2000

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 07:32:40 AM »
Langstraat.. Yes it was a good responce dont you think, but your comment was/is a little unfair, the only people who would know would be the people who lived in Stechford, I've never heard of it, only thing is to wait, and, and maybe some one will remember.? it does happen O0
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Langstraat

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 08:23:12 AM »
There's a very a good image of the Cadet group which still uses the Stirling name:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=shard+end,+birmingham&sll=52.483003,-1.89356&sspn=0.015995,0.038495&ie=UTF8&ll=52.491999,-1.769813&spn=0.001999,0.004812&t=h&z=18&om=1

Have you contacted the present HMS Stirling I'm sure they would have an Archive:
http://seacadets.ms-sc.org/Location-finder
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Duffy

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 08:47:08 AM »
I do have a few irons in the fire regarding this matter and I must admit that I'm not doing badly with regards to returns overall.....

Thanks Langstraat - I will get onto them straight away!!

Regards,

Nick