Author Topic: Kitts Green, Lea Village and Glebe Farm  (Read 55631 times)

Jojo

Kitts Green, Lea Village and Glebe Farm
« on: April 24, 2012, 11:17:43 PM »
Does anyone have any photographs of Glebe Farm (actual Farm), Lea Hall and the history of Kitts Green.  I know it belonged to the Kitt family but I can't find out anything else ???
Jo

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Kitts Green, Lea Village and Glebe Farm
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 12:30:23 PM »
Jojo

I have these few photos of Glebe farm that look to be taken shortly before it was demolished. I can also tell you that the farm was once owned by Matthew Bolton of Bolton, Watt & Murdoch fame. He later sold it to the church and it became a Glebe, which as you may know means a parcel of land that is used to upkeep  local parsonage.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Jojo

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:27:35 PM »
Phil, thank you so much for those glorious photos.  My family are ecstatic!  No one has ever seen them before.  I know the exact junction.  It's an extremely busy junction now and fancy it belonging to Matthew Bolton!!!  Wow!  You've got a wonderful collection Phil.
Jojo   ;) O0

droberts

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:22:17 AM »
Hi, You know these pictures that are put on various pages of the B/ham forum ect. could they be used into a book that I am writing? or our they copyright protected? Cheers denzil.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 08:26:51 AM »
droberts,

I can only speak for the photos that I post myself, which are collected from all over the net and although most of them that I do pick up the original posters do not quote their source or copyright details. If however they do, then I always quote them.

I do not post any of the photos that I do on any profit or gain basis and if anyone were to question the ownership of any photo that I posted then I would remove it as soon as proof of ownership was given.

On this basis, I would advise against any photo I post being placed in any book, except where the source is quoted and permission can be obtained. I would advise you though to check out the law on copyright because on certain photos it expires after a certain age and there are a lot of old photos out there.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 04:41:19 PM »
Hi, You know these pictures that are put on various pages of the B/ham forum ect. could they be used into a book that I am writing? or our they copyright protected? Cheers denzil.

Can you give us some idea of the kind of photo's you're after (age / area / subject)?
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

trapio

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 03:17:14 AM »
all posts are the copyright of the poster  -  see Forum Info
Integrity is non negotiable

townie

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 10:01:18 PM »
If you haven’t heard of Lea Village (it is in Shard End, very close to the airport) then don’t worry. Even in 1932 a reporter from the Birmingham Mail described it as “… probably the loneliest, most rural and least known spot in Birmingham”.
Although the history of the village can be traced back to 1275, it became subsumed under the suburban growth of Birmingham in the 1930s and post war estate building projects. There are now no signs for Lea Village, no markers of its rich history. However, Lea Village’s past is marked by German planes that were shot down in the Second World War, the roads built by POWs, the role of the now demolished Lea Hall in the Civil War and the people who moved here, including Sam Musson who walked from Leicestershire to Lea Village in 1850 to begin a small-holding and open a sweet shop. Birmingham’s rich history lies not just in its industrial city centre past, but in its hinterlands too.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

planetmalc

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 03:59:44 PM »
Jojo

I have these few photos of Glebe farm that look to be taken shortly before it was demolished.

I wish I had a fiver for every 'Glebe Farm' I've spotted on OS maps. ;)
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

townie

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »
Dave do you remember the Sails, Bagshaws and Collins's from Lee village. My first wife her relative married Sambo Sail. and I used to work with ohmo Collins on the fair.

townie

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 08:24:41 PM »
I have just remembered when we were at school in Shard End our nearest dentist was at the Glebe I remember going in there, on went the gas mask and ha presto no tooth.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy