Author Topic: Kitts Green, Lea Village and Glebe Farm  (Read 55630 times)

Roy Twing

Re: Kitts Green, Lea Village and Glebe Farm
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2017, 06:15:48 PM »
Jojo I don't know whether we will get a reply, as Roy hasn't been active on the forum since May.

Sorry, - been travelling a lot recently (and to be honest, the site slipped my mind), - I'll dig out the photos, might take a few days - I'm afraid they aren't very good as it was a new camera and I had the settings all wrong, plus, the interior shots were sparse as I wasn't allowed in much of the building for various bureaucratic reasons.

Roy Twing

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2017, 06:17:55 PM »
mirfield school class off 1972

I recognise a few pupils in that photo, but the only name I recall is Rose Mosely (bottom right) and I think the teacher was Mr Garlic (maths teacher).

townie

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2017, 06:25:57 PM »
Edmund if I remember right at the top of that path there were two tunnels I think one had a gate but you could walk up the other. I'm not sure what came out of the pipe but it was a dare who would walk the furthest. Great days.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Roy Twing

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2017, 08:59:59 PM »
Sorry, - been travelling a lot recently (and to be honest, the site slipped my mind), - I'll dig out the photos, might take a few days - I'm afraid they aren't very good as it was a new camera and I had the settings all wrong, plus, the interior shots were sparse as I wasn't allowed in much of the building for various bureaucratic reasons.
I've found the file with the photos of Mirfield School just a few months before it was demolished, - there's a dozen or so of them (not very good to be honest but may be of interest to one or two) - any ideas of the best way to put them on here, or do I have to put them on one at a time via the 'attachments' option?

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2017, 10:22:09 PM »

hi roy
             if you can post them  and they are not to good has you say    I will tart them up for you and in they are in black and white I might add colour to bring them to life   roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Sidecarsid

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2017, 03:29:06 PM »
Townie.
Back on the first page of this article, you mentioned Sam Musson in relation to Kitts Green, the Glebe and Lea Village. The name certainly rang a bell with me as I recall a girl called Hillary Musson when I was a growing sprog in Tile Cross. I wonder if they could be related in any way?
You also mentioned the school dentist in Church Road Glebe Farm, OUCH, I too used to be dragged there screaming, by my mother, it scared the hell out of me when she tried to put the gas mask on me. Mind you I was only six at the time.

townie

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2017, 10:57:32 PM »

Hi Sid
I'm not aware of any Sam Musson but I do remember the dentist at the Glebe. Not sure if there was fillings back in the day but I suppose if there was they would have being too expensive, I always had the gas mask and my teeth removed.

Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Susie2shoes

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2017, 07:33:24 PM »
Dave do you remember the Sails, Bagshaws and Collins's from Lee village. My first wife her relative married Sambo Sail. and I used to work with ohmo Collins on the fair.

I was at school with some of the Collins and Bagshaws. I was a bit scared of them :(
I have one photo of me as school and I don't know any names. I wonder if anyone in the forum does. I'm the only girl in the photo!  :) 

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2017, 09:40:59 PM »

and now with a tad of colour

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Susie2shoes

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2017, 09:46:12 PM »
Lovely job thanks  8)

roy one

• Global Moderator