Author Topic: Kitts Green, Lea Village and Glebe Farm  (Read 55609 times)

Susie2shoes

Re: Kitts Green, Lea Village and Glebe Farm
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2017, 10:50:32 PM »
Thank you

It feels like coming home. I've been away from Brum for 40 years but my heart still lies there. I was born on the warwick road and then moved to Lapley Grove. We later moved to Chelmsley Wood. I loved looking over the balcony to the Lea Ford playing fields. [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]

Cathpearce

« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2017, 08:18:54 PM »
Hi Edmund Dad Ernie Marsh and Grandad Jack Hughes ran Hayden Rangers, Terry Hughes is my Uncle him and grandparents lived in Hayden Croft. As kids we used to come and watch all the games. Do you remember Ray Haywood, Fred Gager, Nobby Robinson. IknewDave Callow very well until his death. Terry isn't very well at the moment and his son Neil is looking for anything to do with Hayden Rangers so I would appreciate any thing you have on the team. Do you remember my Nan Lily she was fantastic and would tell the refs what she thought them, would love to hear from you

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2017, 09:12:12 PM »
Cath how great to hear from someone about Hayden Rgs,What a great time we all had playing football in the 50s.I was the goal keeper for about 4-5 seasons playing with Terry,Dave Hughes ,Barry Randell !johnny Brecknell(Butcher) RONNIE FROST ,DIGGER MOON .We had fun going to Belgium to Oostende to play it brings back happy memories.Funnily enough I was only showing my G children my medals I had won the other week and the photographs that we took outside the Hotel in Oostende with Terry's mom and dad in our Red & White cardigans what she had knitted.I live in Kent and have done since84.We bought a Hotel in Margate and had that for 6years.Any way please keep in touch through the forum or my personal E mail,Please remember me to Terry,tell him I'm keeping well ,but got a Gammy right knee from to much training with Fat Ronny and I hope he gets better soon,but age catches up with us,Keep Well Edmund
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2017, 11:07:50 PM »
Cath just a memory that has come back to me,we played a team called K S V   WAREHAM in Belgium ,when we got to the town there were posters all round the town that they were playing G L A S G O W  RGS youth team,That made us smile,Got plenty of memories.

townie

« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2017, 01:54:59 PM »
I remember playing over there but this would have been in the late 60s. I played in a team called East Midlands we were supposedly the best players from what was known then as the festival league. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2017, 08:35:11 PM »
Playing for HaydenRgs for 5 years they were all in the South B,ham Sunday Lge,but we did join the Festival Lge for my last year.I then started playing for Weoley Castle in the Worc,Com.Whilst playing for Hayden had a trial for the Villa and could have played for Bounemouth,but my parents said I was to young at 17 to leave home,

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »
Cathpearce,get Terry's son Neil to come on the forum,it would be nice to chat to him about old times about the Rangers

mike1770

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2019, 06:01:07 PM »
Bernie 190  I am going back a long time now. me Omo Collins Boogie Bagshawand I think his name was  Jumbo Sail we had some great scraps
hi sambo is my aunts brother, sambo is barberas brother, and barbera used to be married to donald who passed away, donald was my nans brother, small world hey, lol

mike1770

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2019, 06:08:55 PM »
hi bernie, sambo is my aunty barberas brother, small world hey, barbera was married to donald and donald was my nans brother.

Natashaveitch

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2019, 10:59:43 AM »
Hi there does anyone remember the veitch, gardener, Coles, and the dix, families from lea village in the 1950s, 1960s, and1970s.  David brown
  colin veitch is my grandad

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2019, 11:10:31 AM »
David Brown,coupl of names ring a bell.I was at Ridpool Rd 49 and Lea Village 50-54.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy